Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Mount Washington trip May/June 2016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Mount Washington trip May/June 2016 
    Blog Entries

Mount Washington reached out to me to see if we would want to do this again in 2016... They are changing how they do things slightly and raised the prices a few dollars over this year. We would go up and come down as a group

A. Would there be any interest in this? B. Would anyone want to go up there for Sunrise?

I would have to pay in full, so you guys would pay me directly

and for those that haven't been up there before, yes, there is about a mile of dirt... but as you can see from the pic below, it is compacted and not to bad on low cars...

If there is enough interest, I'll leave a deposit and pick a date(more than likely in June)
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    I've been trying to put together my own sunrise Mt washington run anyway. I figure no one here will want to be awake that early, this based off the attendance to the one sunrise run I tried to organize before.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

3. #3 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    I've been trying to put together my own sunrise Mt washington run anyway. I figure no one here will want to be awake that early, this based off the attendance to the one sunrise run I tried to organize before.
    I made it... just a little late
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

4. #4 Default  
    I'm interested either way. Sunrise is like 5 AM that time of year, so we would need to be on the road by 2am or stay up there somewhere.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

5. #5 Default  
    I really don't see this group doing sunrise. Have to leave crazy early to get there. They open the road for sunrise drives 3 times a year for the public. Last year the one on june 21st they wanted you at the gate by 3:30am. If we did go stay up there I see people staying up drinking until after midnight, and then not wanting to wake up.

what might be better is asking for a sunset event. Do Mt washington in the evening, eat on the summit, see sunset, drive down and stay the night somewhere.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

6. #6 Default  
    I'm definitely in for the trip, sunrise would be cool with me. I'll just stay up there or drive up super freaking early.

TL;DR - In!
    Twitter: @mkeefe / My Company: PixelBit

7. #7 Default  
    I'd love to do this. Missed a few ops this year.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

8. #8 Default  
    mid june works for me

9. #9 Default  
    Sunset>sunrise
    Bath salts and dick pills

10. #10 Default  
    I'm not an early riser

11. #11 Default  
    I am an early riser during the week, but in my weekend sleep I know all saturday / sunday alarms are optional and I treat them as such. I generally wake up hours after I had planned, look at the clock and realize I missed something and go back to sleep. I may be more likely to make an early AM departure since I would just stay up.

That said, I would like to go to this. I certainly can't confirm this far in advance. When is payment due?

-Justin

12. #12 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Not for a WHILE...
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    I am an early riser during the week, but in my weekend sleep I know all saturday / sunday alarms are optional and I treat them as such. I generally wake up hours after I had planned, look at the clock and realize I missed something and go back to sleep. I may be more likely to make an early AM departure since I would just stay up.

That said, I would like to go to this. I certainly can't confirm this far in advance. When is payment due?

-Justin

13. #13 Default  
    Blog Entries
    so would you all prefer a sunset event?

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    so would you all prefer a sunset event?
    Seems to be the consensus
    Bath salts and dick pills

15. #15 Default  
    I'm interested as well. Either sunrise or sunset works for me as long as I'm here.

16. #16 Default  
    what will this cost? Also what is a good place to stay overnight up there? The main hotel?

17. #17 Default  
    the road is usually $40 for a driver and passenger.

You can stay at the Mt Washington Hotel, but it is on the other side of the mountain on 203 just north of crawford notch. Its about an hour away. You can either drive up 302 to route 2 and come down, or down 302 and up 16 to get to the auto road. rt 16 through pinkham notch is amazing.

The hotel is expensive though.... i think rooms start at $300+ per night. It's a cool place to stay though. Very old timey turn of the century feel. There's a bunch of B&Bs in the area too if thats your thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheflesh View Post
    the road is usually $40 for a driver and passenger.

You can stay at the Mt Washington Hotel, but it is on the other side of the mountain on 203 just north of crawford notch. Its about an hour away. You can either drive up 302 to route 2 and come down, or down 302 and up 16 to get to the auto road. rt 16 through pinkham notch is amazing.

The hotel is expensive though.... i think rooms start at $300+ per night. It's a cool place to stay though. Very old timey turn of the century feel. There's a bunch of B&Bs in the area too if thats your thing.

Cool. I am not necessarily interested in that hotel. B&B might be the way to go if I bring the wife along

19. #19 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    Cool. I am not necessarily interested in that hotel. B&B might be the way to go if I bring the wife along
    There was a hotel about 45min away that I was eyeing for the rally last year... <$200 with fire pits and grills for us to use

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    There was a hotel about 45min away that I was eyeing for the rally last year... <$200 with fire pits and grills for us to use
    sounds good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information