Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Ducati Released a puny motorcycle

1. #1 Default Ducati Released a puny motorcycle 
    Looks good. 399cc.

Oh Yeah!

2. #2 Default  
    Disappointing honestly. It's what, $500 cheaper than the regular scrambler? And all they did was sleeve down the original engine to 399cc. Few other minor differences, but really not worth it. Just pony up the $500 and buy the full scrambler.

3. #3 Default  
    It has it's market appeal. Cheaper insurance, it's a good chunk lighter and in countries that have tiered licensing it'll probably do well.
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.

4. #4 Default  
    maybe it's for children?
    Father of Phiff

5. #5 Default  
    So I feel like I was mistaken.

There are 2 different new models within the line. the Sixty2 is the 399cc one, which to me looks just like the other base scrambler. And as Chris have said, is only $500 cheaper.

The one I have in the picture is the other new model called Flat Track Pro, and that is 803cc. no idea about pricing
    Oh Yeah!

6. #6 Default  
    Neither one is a SportClassic, so do they really matter?
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

7. #7 Default  
    looks like Ducati is adding another model within the Scrambler, the Italia Independent

Oh Yeah!

8. #8 Default  
    does it count as a new model when it's just aesthetic changes?

9. #9 Default  
    Yes
    Oh Yeah!

10. #10 Default  
    But I suppose it depends on what you choose as your terminology. i suppose one could call it a version instead.

Do you call the Bonneville T100, Thruxton 900, and the Scrambler different models?
    Oh Yeah!

11. #11 Default  
    What is a 'scrambler?'

I checked wikipedia and it said it's a motocross bike. I assume this is incorrect because these things don't look like they're built for jumping.

-Justin

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    What is a 'scrambler?'

I checked wikipedia and it said it's a motocross bike. I assume this is incorrect because these things don't look like they're built for jumping.

-Justin
    im not the authority on this, but I think its more off road (inspired) than jumping and tail whip. Think Chris Pratt in Jurassic World. Or whatever the marketing team want to sell the term as. sky is the limit.
    Oh Yeah!

13. #13 Default  
    So they're the Hummer H2 of the motorcycle world?

They offer the appearance of off-road abilities without actually building those abilities into the bike.

-Justin

14. #14 Default  
    a scrambler is supposed to be an all around bike. something that does well on teh street with mild off road ability. And most reviews say this bike does that, it does better off road than most expected.

Cheu, I view those all as different models. But with this, it's clearly a scrambler, with some mild changes to visuals. i view all of them (the icon, classic, flat track, sixty2, etc) as variants of the same bike.

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    a scrambler is supposed to be an all around bike. something that does well on teh street with mild off road ability. And most reviews say this bike does that, it does better off road than most expected.

Cheu, I view those all as different models. But with this, it's clearly a scrambler, with some mild changes to visuals. i view all of them (the icon, classic, flat track, sixty2, etc) as variants of the same bike.
    I guess I dont necessarily see the difference between what Triumph is doing vs Ducati. its all same frame, shared engines. the difference lies in the seats, pegs, handle bars, and exhaust location. The same can be said for the Moto Guzzi V7 Stone/Scrambler/Racer. But you are right, its mostly changes to visual.
    Oh Yeah!

16. #16 Default  
    Do the Bonneville and thruxton really share a frame? I could have sworn that they were different. In any respect I consider the bonnie and thruxton different enough.

The Guzzi V7 I view like the scrambler. Same bike, different variants.

17. #17 Default  
    Not exactly a release by Ducati, but someone fitted the scrambler with some custom fairings to make it retro racer looking. I like.

Oh Yeah!

18. #18 Default  
    Instead of going mat's route of having someone build a complete vintage cafe, I may have someone do custom fairings on modern bikes if I decide to spend more money on motorcycles when I'm done buying pens.
    Oh Yeah!

19. #19 Default  
    I have custom fairings on my modern pen to make it look like an old fountain pen.

-Justin

Thread Information