Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Boss 302 Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Boss 302 Journal 
    Here I will put the initial pictures from picking up my Boss in Alabama and the ensuing road trip back to New Hampshire. I will also use this thread to update any mods that may be done to the car in the future.

(Most of these pictures are from Chris. I thought I took more than I did, and he took way more than I thought he did.)
    It was an early start to Thursday as we woke up at 3:30 AM to catch a 6am flight out of Boston. I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to complete the transaction during business hours. After a connection in Charlotte, we touched down in Atlanta around 11 and picked up our sweet Nissan Rogue rental car. We ended up killing time until 4 when the seller was ready. We found the car in excellent shape at the seller's house in Alabama. It was so clean I felt a little guilty knowing how I dirty I was about to get it.

From there we drove it about an hour and a half to my friend's apartment in Atlanta.

No more pictures from today as I was absolutely beat. I had been extremely stressed about picking up this car and only slept maybe 2 hours the prior night, coupled with getting up at 330 am was not kind to me. Many thanks to my friend Derril and Chris for putting up with me. We got a burger with grilled cheeses as the buns that I only ate half of because I was too tired.

Friday was the highlight of the trip. We were up around quarter to 6 (and we learned that the sun rises much later in Atlanta due to it being further west) and packed up the car with all the extra parts that were thrown in, and returned the rental to the Airport. I took over driving on the way to the Cheraholla Skyway. The views on the skyway were awesome and we got a few pictures at a couple of overlooks.

We also found that the trees on the skyway had a beautiful frost on them. Very pretty but a little scary as you're on your way to run tail of the dragon.

When we arrived at Tail of the Dragon gift shop we parked next to this purple hellcat...

...and went to check out the tree of shame. I was looking for something...

Found it! The YR sticker we placed on the tree about 4 years ago.

2. #2 Default  
    Moar!

We had the dragon pretty much to ourselves, which was fantastic. I need to get some pictures from killboy and put them here. Will do that shortly. Each of us did one lap (up and back) of the dragon before heading out.

The boss stayed off the tree, which is always a plus.

Found this shirt of excuses:

and stopped by the Killboy store:

After that the plan was to start Blue Ridge Parkway, which is about an hour or so from the Dragon. The Parkway is over 400 miles long, so we planned to do some that night, then find a place to stay and head home in the morning. Unfortunately, when we arrived at our checkpoint, the road had been closed (presumably for weather reasons). It was getting dark and we weren't sure we'd be able to get much Parkway in if we went to the next major checkpoint, so we decided to spend the night in a hotel off I40 in Marion, NC. This was a bit east of Asheville, NC and we figured we could get a good night sleep, start early, and run a couple of hours on the Parkway Saturday before pointing the car straight home.

We checked in and had a couple of good beers we had picked up in Atlanta:

Knowing this was going to be a very long day, with more than 1000 miles planned, we were up before the dawn and on the road by 6am.

made it to the Parkway as the sun was coming up...

...only to find the road closed a few miles in.

On the way back down the parkway the sun was up and we got a couple of last pictures

Then we began the trek home.

This was scarier than the speeding laws

We ran into intermittent snow all through Virginia and Pennsylvania. It seemed like we were right on the edge of a weather front for several hundred miles, and when we were headed north and up in elevation we'd see snow and then as we came east it would stop. Luckily it did not ever really accumulate on the road or we would have had to stop and stay again.
    About 4 hours in Virginia sucked

Here it is about 7-800 miles later just outside the NY border. You can see it is showing a lot more dirt.

And here was the last stop of the trip on the pike in Charlton. Pretty much my favorite rest stop, always means I am almost home from a trip.

Thanks for looking!

3. #3 Default  
    Yes! The American car herd grows!

Congrats man! Looks great. What parts came on/with it

4. #4 Default  
    It has GT500 6 piston front brakes, a roush intake, a blowfish racing transmission brace, forgestar wheels and tires, and some kind of pypes? mufflers? None of which is on it. Also I only have 2 of the wheels, and he is supposed to send the other two. Hopefully that happens. I don't think I want to use the mufflers, but the other stuff is cool. I assume I need to buy GT500 rear brakes to match if I want to install the front but I am not sure.

5. #5 Default  
    Car looks awesome.
    Father of Phiff

6. #6 Default  
    Car looks unbelievably clean form the pictures, congrats and I can't wait to see it in person!
    2012 TT-RS

7. #7 Default  
    Looks great
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.

8. #8 Default  
    Sweeeet!

9. #9 Default  
    Hell of a trip. Enjoy the car in good health
    Bath salts and dick pills

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by EJF View Post
    Car looks unbelievably clean form the pictures, congrats and I can't wait to see it in person!
    It's rather dirty now. Only thing wrong with it is it looks like some tried painting the lip or plasti-dipping it. It doesn't look like factory finish and is now peeling off. Will investigate further and fix.

Doesn't sound as loud as I remember Jeff's car being. Not sure if I just remember Jeff's car as louder in my mind or what.

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Doesn't sound as loud as I remember Jeff's car being. Not sure if I just remember Jeff's car as louder in my mind or what.
    Didn't Jeff do a resonator delete or something?
    2012 TT-RS

12. #12 Default  
    I have never seen an engine bay so clean as when we picked this thing up. I'm scared to ask pete to open the hood and look at it now.

car is stupid fun, way better than I was expecting. It feels big, something i'm not used to from my subaru and lotus adventures, but damn it goes around a corner better than I would have ever imagined. Pete scared the crap out of me a few times on the Dragon, but the car never missed a beat.

13. #13 Default  
    Looks like an awesome trip! Car looks clean.

Looking forward to seeing it at Yummies!

14. #14 Default  
    Looks great, congrats. Seems like a fun trip too!!!

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by EJF View Post
    Didn't Jeff do a resonator delete or something?
    Restrictor plate delete. Can't believe mine still had them, but it doesn't now

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post

Was it afternoon prayer time? Hope you were facing Mecca

17. #17 Default  
    lmao. I am signing stuff.

18. #18 Default  
    Well this is Alabama, thought maybe he was telling you to squeal like a pig

19. #19 Default  
    Scott is on fire today

20. #20 Default  
    The pictures were great Pete, awesome trip.
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information