Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Scruffy, I found something your garage needs...

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1 Default Scruffy, I found something your garage needs... 
    I will even help you play with it

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...motiveQ5fTools
    White Evo IX - modified to Turco Specs.
    Reply With Quote  

  2. #2 Default  
    hell yea AWD

    I'll chip in $100
    _____________________
    2006 STI -- 2006 R6
    Reply With Quote  

  3. #3 Default  
    I was really curious what this would be because Scruffy is the guy who has everything and if he doesn't have it he builds it.

    You hit the one thing he definitely needs!

    Too funny.
    Reply With Quote  

  4. #4 Default  
    Damn, that's expensive.
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT
    Reply With Quote  

  5. #5 Default  
    Not really.
    Reply With Quote  

  6. #6 Default  
    I would get it but I don't have any cars with AWD.
    My butt dyno is good enough for me right now. I think my next automotive purchase will be a tire changer and a digital wheel balancer. My tire guy is a bit over a half hour away so it takes me a minimum of 2.5 hours road time to drop them off and return to pick them up. I go through 7 sets a season and just do not have the time to reverse the tires on the wheel half way through their life. A good friend has the same problem and I could easily charge him to "rent" the equipment. He goes through a lot more tires than I do because he and his driving partner run 2 track cars. I just need to make sure the changer can accept 13" wide wheels.

    MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A RACING PROBLEM
    2007 GT3 RS KERMIT
    2007 C2S INKY
    2015 GT3 CYRIL
    2016 GT4, TWEETY
    2016 GT4 WOODSTOCK
    GT3 AND ONE MORE INCOMING.
    Reply With Quote  

  7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    I would get it but I don't have any cars with AWD.
    My butt dyno is good enough for me right now. I think my next automotive purchase will be a tire changer and a digital wheel balancer. My tire guy is a bit over a half hour away so it takes me a minimum of 2.5 hours road time to drop them off and return to pick them up. I go through 7 sets a season and just do not have the time to reverse the tires on the wheel half way through their life. A good friend has the same problem and I could easily charge him to "rent" the equipment. He goes through a lot more tires than I do because he and his driving partner run 2 track cars. I just need to make sure the changer can accept 13" wide wheels.
    Sounds like a good investment for you. Figure out what your time is worth hourly, plus the cost of paying your tire dude, plus fuel, and you can easily calc how long your new tire toy will take to pay for itself.
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT
    Reply With Quote  

  8. #8 Default  
    Plus, then i could pay you to mount and balance my tires.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    I would get it but I don't have any cars with AWD.
    My butt dyno is good enough for me right now. I think my next automotive purchase will be a tire changer and a digital wheel balancer. My tire guy is a bit over a half hour away so it takes me a minimum of 2.5 hours road time to drop them off and return to pick them up. I go through 7 sets a season and just do not have the time to reverse the tires on the wheel half way through their life. A good friend has the same problem and I could easily charge him to "rent" the equipment. He goes through a lot more tires than I do because he and his driving partner run 2 track cars. I just need to make sure the changer can accept 13" wide wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam @ The Beantown Sound View Post
    Sounds like a good investment for you. Figure out what your time is worth hourly, plus the cost of paying your tire dude, plus fuel, and you can easily calc how long your new tire toy will take to pay for itself.
    White Evo IX - modified to Turco Specs.
    Reply With Quote  

  9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Turco View Post
    Plus, then i could pay you to mount and balance my tires.
    A lot of people here could pay you to do it as well ... sounds like it would pay for itself fairly quickly
    Reply With Quote  

  10. #10 Default  
    Ohhhhh I like.


    Scott McIver
    scott@kaizentuning.com
    Kaizen Tuning LLC
    www.kaizentuning.com

    2009 GTR
    2010 Evo X
    Reply With Quote  

  11. #11 Default  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,733,351
    Blog Entries
    2
    Jeeze where were you guys when I was trying to give away a dyno last year? had one that we were getting rid of when we were changing inspection contracts.

    as for tire and wheel balancer, we are looking to upgrade at our shop... scruff, just get one that clamps on to the wheel and that has a second roller... should be NO problem accepting a 13" wheel...
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.
    Reply With Quote  

  12. #12 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lynnfield MA
    Posts
    6,920
    i had my new tires and wheels mounted and balanced at bmw of Peabody centennial drive......they have 3 insane machines....the one they used to mount my wheels was run by a joystick and had tons of rubber on it so no metal to metal contact was made....me and fatmike were quite impressed by this machine.

    then he also dismounted 4 tires/4 wheels with this machine in under 10 mins...it was impresive
    Reply With Quote  

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Calling scruffy
    By Graffix in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 12:02 AM
  2. Scruffy's speed detailing techniques
    By scruffy in forum New England
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •