Thread: The 10 MOST Expensive Cars To Own & Drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Default The 10 MOST Expensive Cars To Own & Drive 
    http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...d=family-autos

1. Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

Starting price: $301,750
    5-year total: $364,471
    Cost per mile: $4.86

What pushes the Black Series up the price ladder from the SL65 AMG is the wide use of carbon-fiber body parts and some under-the-hood enhancements. Its 670-horsepower, 6-liter twin-turbo V-12 slingshots this two-seater to 60 miles per hour in less than four seconds. It's also loaded to the gills with high-tech standard equipment.

2. Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG

Starting price: $202,825
    5-year total: $244,363
    Cost per mile: $3.26

Capable of reaching 60 miles per hour from a standstill in just over four seconds, the S65 AMG combines opulent interior appointments with outrageously aggressive performance. It uses the same 6-liter twin-turbo V-12 found in other high-end Mercedes models but in this application it develops 604 horsepower.

3. Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG

Starting price: $205,575
    5-year total: $230,771
    Cost per mile: $3.08

A strikingly handsome coupe, the CL65 AMG is more than a pretty face. Its 604-horsepower, 6-liter twin-turbo V-12 is capable of going from zero to 60 in just over four seconds. Standard gear includes a rearview camera and nighttime vision assist.

4. Audi R8

Starting price: $126,400
    5-year total: $159,753
    Cost per mile: $2.13

If your goal is to get noticed, there is no surer way to do it than behind the wheel of Audi's R8. Sleek, fast and decadent, the R8 uses a mid-mounted 420-horsepower 4.2-liter V-8 to turn all four wheels. It can dash from zero to 60 in just over four seconds. Sure it's expensive, but it is arguably the most accessible exotic on the market.

5. Porsche 911 Convertible Turbo

Starting price: $141,650
    5-year total: $159,393

With an extra-cost options list as long as your arm, this two-seat drop-top offers an array of customizing choices. A 480-horsepower, 3.6-liter twin-turbo flat six-cylinder engine funnels output to all four wheels through a six-speed manual transmission. It gets to 60 miles per hour in less than four seconds.

6. Audi A8 L W12

Starting price: $122,625
    5-year total: $153,588
    Cost per mile: $2.05

The "L" in its name refers to this luxury sedan's stretched wheelbase, while the "W12" indicates it packs the potent 450-horsepower, 6-liter, W-12 engine under its hood. Fewer than six ticks of the clock are needed for the A8 L W12 to reach 60 miles per hour. Among its standard features are massaging front seats and four-zone automatic climate control.

7. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Starting price: $106,620
    5-year total: $146,096
    Cost per mile: $1.95

The Zeus of 'Vettes, the ZR1 is a supercar by any measure. Motivating it to a zero to 60 time of just over three seconds is a 638-horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter, V-8. Although it doesn't possess the amount of high-end bric-a-brac many of the other entries on this list do, pound for pound and dollar for dollar it may just be the best sports car in the world.

8. Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Starting price: $125,775
    5-year total: $138,613
    Cost per mile: $1.85

The only SUV on this list, the Cayenne Turbo S packs Porsche performance into an off-road-capable all-wheel-drive uber package. Turning all four wheels is a 550-horsepower, 4.8-liter, twin-turbo V-8. Reaching 60 miles per hour from a stop takes a hair less than five seconds. A 14-speaker surround-sound audio system and a hard-drive-based navigation system are standard.

9. BMW M6 Convertible

Starting price: $111,725
    5-year total: $138,186
    Cost per mile: $1.84

The high-performance version of the 6 Series, the M6 is fitted with a 500-horsepower 5-liter, V-10, providing this soft-top with zero to 60 sprints of less than five seconds. A 13-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound audio system and adaptive xenon headlights are standard.

10. Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG

Starting price: $99,775
    5-year total: $137,749
    Cost per mile: $1.84

No sedan better captures the sleek flow of a coupe's styling than the Mercedes-Benz CLS. In its hopped-up guise as the CLS63 AMG, it complements its drop-dead curb appeal with an asphalt-chomping 507-horsepower, 6.2-liter, V-8 engine. Reaching 60 miles per hour requires just a bit more than four seconds with a top speed of more than 180 miles per hour.
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

2. #2 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam @ The Beantown Sound View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...d=family-autos

4. Audi R8

Starting price: $126,400
    5-year total: $159,753

If your goal is to get noticed, there is no surer way to do it than behind the wheel of Audi's R8. Sleek, fast and decadent, the R8 uses a mid-mounted 420-horsepower 4.2-liter V-8 to turn all four wheels. It can dash from zero to 60 in just over four seconds. Sure it's expensive, but it is arguably the most accessible exotic on the market.
    160 Mile Supercar run= $340
    Fun Factor= Priceless

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverR8 View Post
    160 Mile Supercar run= $340
    Fun Factor= Priceless
    Noteworthy to mention, that although your car is 4th place. It's less than twice the operating cost of 1st place. AMG Ouch Series.

Also, I find it funny that the ZR1 is the only non-German car on the list.
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

4. #4 Default  
    I don't think this list is accurate.

2009 Maybach 62S
    MSRP: $448,000

The 6 liter turbocharged AMG sourced engine produces 604 hp with 738 torque, but it doesn't go fast. In fact, it takes a whole 6 seconds to get to that speed. It's also electronically limited to 170 mph. Why, you ask? Because Maybach is all about luxury and refinement to the extreme and the Maybach is unmatched in this approach. The power is used to seemlessly accelerate the vehicle and give it power on tap when needed. Test driving one it's suggested you bring your driver. Yearly cost couldn't be calculated because it depends on how much you pay the driver.

5. #5 Default  
    Yahoo and Edmunds team up to briung you more meaningless crap... wonderful.

This list assumes that these cars will depreciate to $0 value over 5 years, and also that they will be driven 15,000 miles a year. I'd have to call bullshit on both of those assumptions used in making this list.

As far as depreciation goes, isn't the Maybach still king? Hell, a Maybach loses more in depreciation over 2 years than a ZR1 costs to buy. Are they still making those things?

-Justin
    Last edited by Justin.b; 08-31-2009 at 09:27 AM.

6. #6 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Thats what I like to see... 4 of the top 10 all belong to AMG...
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

7. #7 Default  
    they seem to have forgot a certain car that cost $5K to get the timing belts changed...... hmmmmm. its right on the tip of my tongue, but i cant figure out which it is
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

8. #8 Default  
    Blog Entries
    new cars... Talking to Diana yesterday it doesnt seem that the new cars need as much maintenance...
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    Are they still making those things?
    Yup.

Current line-up for 2009 is 57, 62, and Landaulet.

10. #10 Default  
    Blog Entries
    This list assumes that these cars will depreciate to $0 value over 5 years
    LOL you havent seen the depreciation of a benz have you? Those 65s will depreciated to roughly 60k in 3 years... for those wondering thats roughly $140k loss in 36 months. In 5 they'll be roughly $20-30k

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    LOL you havent seen the depreciation of a benz have you? Those 65s will depreciated to roughly 60k in 3 years... for those wondering thats roughly $140k loss in 36 months. In 5 they'll be roughly $20-30k
    AND a PERFECT TIME TO BUY!@#!#!#!#!@#@!

12. #12 Default  
    Just don't get it out of warrenty.

13. #13 Default  
    My car is now 5 years old and worth around 27k blue book? Last time I checked. It has 47k miles. It was 119k new

14. #14 Default  

As far as depreciation goes, isn't the Maybach still king? Hell, a Maybach loses more in depreciation over 2 years than a ZR1 costs to buy. Are they still making those things?
    Maybachs depreciate $500 a day.
    I stopped a moment like that too... I wiped Mat's cheek cause he had nutella all over his face

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    Maybachs depreciate $500 a day.

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by fatmike View Post
    LOL those are ones that he's "making it rain" with.

17. #17 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    LOL those are ones that he's "making it rain" with.
    The gif is completed by jim jones with a stack of bills just sitting on his head..

and the money fan on the right.

18. #18 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fatmike View Post
    My car is now 5 years old and worth around 27k blue book? Last time I checked. It has 47k miles. It was 119k new
    there is a 2006 S65 at Chambers for sale, CPO'd for 65k with 29k miles... I still state in 2 years time it will be 30k

19. #19 Default  
    there is a 2006 S65 at Chambers for sale, CPO'd for 65k with 29k miles... I still state in 2 years time it will be 30k
    damn, I want it already

20. #20 Default  
    sell your car now for the 27K its worth, buy a ruckus for 2K, put the 25K away in a secure bond or something for 2 years (while riding the ruckus) and BAM you ll have your 30K to buy the s65. i should be your financial advisor. i know things about stuff

and hey, you might have money left over to buy me wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information