Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Recipe thread?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default Recipe thread? 
    Blog Entries
    Figure maybe we could start one of these... wasnt sure where to put this, but it ended up here...

Post up what you got and some pics of it done... or in the process of cooking, what you used, how long to cook, etc etc... Lemme know

Stuffed Pork Chops...

1. Thick cut Pork Chops
    2. 1/4lb Pepperoni*
    3. 1/4lb Cappicola*
    4. 1/4lb Salami*
    5. Mozzarella
    6. Salt & Pepper
    7. Basil leaves
    8. Olive Oil

*You wont use all these meats... I had left over for more chops... maybe enough for 10-12 chops depending on how thickly cut the cold cuts are.

I started off by making my stuffing... I stacked the Pepperoni, Cappicola and Salami. I used 1 basil leaf on top of 2 pieces of pepperoni, which was on top of 1 piece of cappicola, which was on top of 1 piece of salami. I took this and folded it in have to make a taco shape... Make 1 per chop...

With the meat seasoned(salt and pepper to taste) and slit(cut the chop horizontally almost all the way through) I placed a layer of Mozzarella in the center of the pork chop. I placed the cold cuts ontop of the cheese and then put another layer of cheese on top of that. It may be necessary to use a Toothpick to keep the chop closed. I drizzled a little bit of olive oil on the chop and took 1 basil leaf and stuck it to either side of the chop. This gave a nice visual affect when the chop was done cooking.

I turned my grill on high, when it hit 750 degrees I placed the chops on the grill, waited 3 minutes and rotated the chops maybe 75 degrees to create a nice cross pattern on the meat, waited 3 more minutes and flipped. 3 more minutes on the grill and I rotated the meat again. Waited a few minutes more and took them off the grill...

I served them with a Tomato, spinach, arugala and fresh mozzarella salad with Olive oil and vinegar. I also made some fresh grilled garlic bread as well... Whole thing took me maybe 45 minutes to an hour to prepare with cook time.

What are you guys cooking?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    Damn that looks Tasty, Pete your'll have to let me try one. I definitely need to get some cook books and learn how to cook like that.

3. #3 Default  
    dont mind me, im just the friendly neighborhood Vulture waiting to swoop in and steal some recipes

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    I turned my grill on high, when it hit 750 degrees I placed the chops on the grill
    I'm surprised they survived! You have a gas grill that gets up to a 750F hood temp? You sure it wasn't more like 450?

5. #5 Default  
    Blog Entries
    yup Genair grill... drip plates were glowing orange when I put the chops on... I imediately turn the burners down when the meat goes on... let the meat sear and then the grill cools down to 400ish...
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

6. #6 Default  
    It's "Jenn-Air" Pete. Everything that is great starts with my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    jketch happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jketch View Post
    He was so I just kept at it. When he was reaching the breaking point I hammered it harder for about 90 seconds then let off and left.
    PFFFFFFFFFT

7. #7 Default  
    Ill add my tuna recipe later
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO

8. #8 Default  
    lol.....

here is a link to all the threads i started in the food forum over at e46f

have fun

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/search....rchid=12087075

The ones with "JJR4884's" at the beginning are the recipe ones for the most part
    Russo

9. #9 Default  
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    hotlink fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO

10. #10 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JKETCH View Post
    It's "Jenn-Air" Pete. Everything that is great starts with my name!
    so you're full of hot air?

11. #11 Default  

12. #12 Default  
    Blog Entries
    GOOD MAN... I will be cooking for weeks to come... I really like the clam zuppa...

I have fresh home made tomato sauce to use and instead of clams, I will prolly use muscles and might add some other stuff to make it a little more hearty... And the sea bass looks good too

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    GOOD MAN... I will be cooking for weeks to come... I really like the clam zuppa...

I have fresh home made tomato sauce to use and instead of clams, I will prolly use muscles and might add some other stuff to make it a little more hearty... And the sea bass looks good too
    thanks bud... glad i could contribute

if you do make the clams, keep in mind the muscles take 1/3 of the time so don't put them in at the same time (not trying to insult you if you already know this... just want to be sure ) lol
    Russo

14. #14 Default  
    heres a nice and simple one thats pretty awesome.

for this i like using several small, whole pork tenderloins that are .5-.75 lbs rather than using a larger tenderloin.

so get your self your tenderloin, and a Mccormick's pork chop season bag:

ignore the directions on the bag. mix the seasoning with 1/4 c honey, 1/4 c orange juice.

the mixure will be pretty chunky. rub it onto tenderloins. i usually do 2 tenderloins per package.

then place the tenderloins in the enclosed bag, and bake the pork at 350 for about 45 minutes, depending on the weight.

add a little starch to the juices that accumulated in the baking bag and it makes for a killer gravy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    you have issues.

15. #15 Default  
    stepping it up a notch... fall and winter call for sloooooooow cooking. perfect time for stews, etc.

first offering... veal osso bucco.

3-4 veal shanks, trimmed. pat dry, dredge with flour, season with salt and pepper, and brown in a dutch oven with veggy oil. also it helps if you use twine to hold the meat on the bone.

next take the shanks out of your dutch oven. add 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, chopped fine. season with salt, and cook till almost carmelized.

add a tablespoon or so of tomato paste, 1 cup of a dry white wine, and add your meat back in the pan.

cook until your liquid reduces to half, and then add 2 c. chicken broth. also make a bouquet garni, basically a tea bag of herbs: thyme, rosemary and bay leafs should be good for this. use cheesecloth to wrap around herbs and your ktichen twine to secure it. this is used to season the braising liquid as you cook. bring all of this to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover.

let cook for 1-1/2 - 2 hours. check it often. make sure the shank is covered at least 1/2- 3/4 way with liquid; add chicken broth as needed. also turn the shanks as needed.

and thats it. abou 20 minutes of prep work, about 2 hrs total time. usually i like it over a small pasta like orzo, or maybe a risotto.
    Last edited by Intheflesh; 11-04-2009 at 10:51 PM.
    You.... have problems.
    you have issues.

16. #16 Default  
    one last one...

take the basic recipe for the veal osso bucco, substitute short ribs. follow the same basic recipe, but add a can of whole tomatoes, and substitute red wine. you can still use chicken broth, or use beef if you want. i also add potatos too when i do the short ribs. add them after the veggies.
    You.... have problems.
    you have issues.

17. #17 Default  
    Some good recipes here. My biggest problem with this is I'm usually hungry when I get home from work so if I can't cook it in like 15 minutes I usually don't do it. Which makes for not the most healthy meals but whatever. Also cooking for just myself and living alone makes things more difficult.

18. #18 Default  
    my recipe of choice:

The McGangBang...

A McChicken in between a double cheeseburger, of course hold the mayo. That's about it in my book
    Last edited by fatmike; 11-09-2009 at 10:48 AM.

19. #19 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    Some good recipes here. My biggest problem with this is I'm usually hungry when I get home from work so if I can't cook it in like 15 minutes I usually don't do it. Which makes for not the most healthy meals but whatever. Also cooking for just myself and living alone makes things more difficult.
    you can prepare this stuff ahead of time and just cook it when you get home or make yourself a snack while its cooking, like an appetizer for example...

20. #20 Default  
    nice thread pete, anyone got some fried turkey recipes, lol

Side note, I had some ridiculous tasting Venison when I was in Vegas. I would go back, just for that!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information