Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Project/Challenge: Design My New Company Banner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Project/Challenge: Design My New Company Banner 
    As some of you may have already heard, after the last Boston Event Guide Summer Party Cruise, my company banner went missing. I initially speculated that after a wild cruise, it ended up in the Atlantic, however my staff, and others present think it was most likely stolen. Judging by the way it was affixed to the ship, and the more I think about it, I'm starting to feel like this might be the case. I'm going to try and not be angry about the fact that the time and money I spent in designing and production of this banner that I used for advertising my business is now gone, and look at it as an opportunity to make a new, and better banner! This is where you come in...

I'm looking for anyone with a creative mind, and some Photoshop design skills willing to volunteer their time and whip up something new for me. To give you a feel for what I am looking for, please download the link below for some samples of my other artwork, fonts, logos, letterhead, flyers, envelopes, and the old banner design.

Currently Used Art: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/282563/TBS%20Art%20Samples.rar

You can also check out my webpage: www.thebeantownsound.com to get a feel of what my company "style/feel" is.

Requirements:
    6' Wide By 3' High
    Full Color
    Simple
    Professional
    Classy

MUST contain at least following information:
    "Professional Disc Jockey Services"
    Web Address
    Phone Number
    Company Slogan (The Difference Between Ordinary & Extraordinary Is Just That Little Extra)

Whatever else you add as far as graphics, or words, or think up, I am open to taking as ideas and suggestions. PLEASE keep in mind, that whatever you come up with, I might want you to tweek a little bit after I see it. A big please and thank you goes out in advance for anyone who designs something for me.
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

2. #2 Default  
    On it.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by LastMercury View Post
    On it.
    Thanks! I'm hoping several people throw their hat in the ring here!
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

4. #4 Default  
    Bumping in hopes of some more volunteers.
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

5. #5 Default  
    Sam, Email me the art and I'll play around with it. Also send me a few pictures of you in action. I have a couple of ideas already.

I can't open rar files on this computer. Or put up a zip file that I can dl.

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandRally View Post
    Sam, Email me the art and I'll play around with it. Also send me a few pictures of you in action. I have a couple of ideas already.

Get Zip7, it will open any compressed file. Even ISO's. BTW- It's free and very light.
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

7. #7 Default  

I don't think my likeness, or lack there of, should be a part of this project for anyone's sake
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

8. #8 Default  
    Sorry I'm so late in getting to this.

First option. I was kinda digging the retro thing (plus it's coming back again) but feel it needs some tweaking. Figured I'd show it before I got sick of it and trashed it. This is all vector.

Second version uses more images but they're at a resolution that should produce a good print at that scale.

I'm gonna try to work on a 3rd.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

9. #9 Default  
    LastMercury,

Thanks for these designs! Your timing couldn't be better actually. I plan on getting something to the printer in the next 2-3 days!
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

10. #10 Default  
    I like the second one a lot. Great job.

New England Rally
    1500 Miles - 6 States - 3 Days
    http://www.NewEnglandRally.com

11. #11 Default  
    I like the second one a lot. Great job.
    I like the 2nd one also. Not thrilled about the font for "professional...", but It's a STRONG start to what I am looking for!
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

12. #12 Default  
    Since you're short on time I'll make some adjustments to the 2nd one.

13. #13 Default  
    Since you're short on time I'll make some adjustments to the 2nd one.
    I wouldn't mind including the e-mail address: info@thebeantownsound.com and maybe a facebook icon of some sort?

Would you be able to provide with the unflattened PSD when complete?
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

14. #14 Default  
    Sure. Since you're in Peabody I can run it up to you on a CD so you have all the files on hand.

15. #15 Default  
    Sure. Since you're in Peabody I can run it up to you on a CD so you have all the files on hand.
    Oh no need to drive files anywhere! That's WAY too kind of you. I can't imagine this file being more than 20MB for a 3'6' banner. Maybe 30MB unflattended? Assuming that there was NO WAY we could transfer the files, worst case is I could swing by and get it from you on my way home from work or something. I work in Woburn.
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam @ The Beantown Sound View Post
    Oh no need to drive files anywhere! That's WAY too kind of you. I can't imagine this file being more than 20MB for a 3'6' banner. Maybe 30MB unflattended? Assuming that there was NO WAY we could transfer the files, worst case is I could swing by and get it from you on my way home from work or something. I work in Woburn.
    That works too. I'm right next door.

I could send you a flattened file, but it'd be just as easier to give you the CD as well. I'll PM you my info.

New font:

17. #17 Default  
    That works too. I'm right next door.

I could send you a flattened file, but it'd be just as easier to give you the CD as well. I'll PM you my info.

New font:
    How large is the flattened file?
    How large is the unflattened file?
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

18. #18 Default  
    It's 1Gb as a PSD file. The background image is actual size @150dpi to get a decent print out of it. So it clocks in at ~850mb.

19. #19 Default  
    100% crops. No real pixillation happening.

20. #20 Default  
    It's 1Gb as a PSD file. The background image is actual size @150dpi to get a decent print out of it. So it clocks in at ~850mb.
    Okay, damn, that's large. I'll swing by and pick it up from you just after 3pm as discussed in PM. I hope my home PC is powerful enough to open/work with the file. Maybe you can save it flattened and in some smaller sizes for me just incase lol.

Thanks again!
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2002 Porsche 996TT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information