Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: BIG Thanks to Alex for my vinyl work

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default BIG Thanks to Alex for my vinyl work 
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday my preperation for the upcoming New England Rally started with getting all my vinyl word done.

The process started a couple weeks ago when I went down and met with Alex. He carefully walked me through several designs till we came up with a few things that really stood out for me. With access to what seemed like a 100+ different color vinyls we were able to pick the perfect combination.

The day started with my car getting washed and full alcohol treatment...

Once the car was dried, Alex got right down to it and started working his magic. He was pretty meticulous when it came to the job.

At one point he wanted to strip one side off and start over. I told him that since these are only on for a short amount of time, I didnt think it was worth it... I think we were all tired from a long day of decal application

The YR side decal is 3 layers of vinyl. Each layer needed to be applied seperately... basically 6 large vinyl decals. A white layer, a red layer and the eye popping chrome layer on either side.

When the larger side decals were done, we started cutting a number of other decals... The decal machine was awesome... it's like a paper CNC machine...

Sean from the New England Rally drove down from New Hampshire to deliver us our decals for the event. I started installing these while some of the other stuff was getting cut... More CHROME...

When the car was done, it just looked unreal... better than I imagined it even.

Alex, Thanks again for a GREAT Job... you went above and beyond what I imagined for this.
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    The decals do look incredable. Alex was so meticulous it was insane. I have given up way before the first side was done.
    '86 325es - MTechnic I - s54tu
    '89 325is
    '08 RS4

3. #3 Default  
    that looks so bad ass

4. #4 Default  
    Looks great

5. #5 Default  
    oh look... race cars...

6. #6 Default  
    turned out awesome
    Bath salts and dick pills

7. #7 Default  
    Haha Great Thread Pete - Thanks! - Im very glad you were pleased with the decals.

It was a long day - but fun. Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by to say hello! My photos can be seen here:

Driven Perfection NER Decal Day - Facebook Album

8. #8 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I think I almost caused a fender bender this morning... some guy was staring at my car approaching a red light... prolly wondering whats up with all the fcking stickers on this thing...
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

9. #9 Default  
    Looks good

How long do you plan on leaving them on after the rally? Just curious.

10. #10 Default  
    Looks good!
    1938 Chevrolet Master Deluxe
    1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Lowrider

TWiG Photography!!!

11. #11 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    Looks good

How long do you plan on leaving them on after the rally? Just curious.
    through all the september events

12. #12 Default  
    Looks awesome Pete.

Big thanks to myself for grilling some awesome food!

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Looks awesome Pete.

Big Up Yourself Chris! - Those were some tasty burgers!

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Looks awesome Pete.

cheddarwurst were massive win

15. #15 Default  
    Lol fawkers.

16. #16 Default  
    Looks great Pete. I didnt know the stickers for NER were ready. Both you car and Sam's look great though.

Alex - did you get my email on the logo? Wondering if we can still get it done at 11.75 instead of 16 to avoid having it done in multiple pieces.

17. #17 Default  
    Ricers.

18. #18 Default  
    Agreed, I saw the car later. Looks awesome! Sorry I couldn't stop by. If I knew it was a bbq I would have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    jketch happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jketch View Post
    He was so I just kept at it. When he was reaching the breaking point I hammered it harder for about 90 seconds then let off and left.
    PFFFFFFFFFT

19. #19 Default  
    We got a lot of looks on the highway leaving that day. It's going to be an interesting next couple of months. We've got to drive extremely responsible no matter what happens. Don't want any of the sponsors to look bad at all.

I hope this is something Sean mentions to all NER drivers about being even more careful and respectful with decals on their cars. We are in affect, representing those companies in a way.
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam @ The Beantown Sound View Post
    We got a lot of looks on the highway leaving that day. It's going to be an interesting next couple of months. We've got to drive extremely responsible no matter what happens. Don't want any of the sponsors to look bad at all.

I hope this is something Sean mentions to all NER drivers about being even more careful and respectful with decals on their cars. We are in affect, representing those companies in a way.
    That is stressed, and is the reason this is a poker rally, not a time rally. It is well understood that you are not to drive like a moron on the rally, and that speeding is frowned on (not that it stops some people).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information