Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: What kind of puppy should i get?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default What kind of puppy should i get? 
    What I'm looking for

Small 14-25 lbs max

Friendly, likes to cuddle, has character

Not a yip yip bark at everything dog

JD might have started something with the German Shepard thing ... Although they get big they may be the most loyal awesome to play with dog ...

Post pics / suggestions please

2. #2 Default  
    American White Shepards are pretty cool if you want a German Shepard type dog.

If you want to go small, I had 2 Cocker Spaniels, 1 recently passed, but they are really cool dogs. Low maintenance, really loyal, full of personality, never barks. They are perfectly happy couch potatoing or playing.

3. #3 Default  
    beagle???

4. #4 Default  
    Mini Schnauzers don't bark at me

of interest: http://money.msn.com/debt-management...ou-weston.aspx

5. #5 Default  
    One that can hold it in till mid afternoon when you wake up to take it out?

6. #6 Default  
    shi-poo shitzu poodle or a puggle both are good dogs.

7. #7 Default  
    Get a Bella
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

8. #8 Default  
    West highland white terrier.

Chris can attest to it along with a couple of other people...Im forgetting who they are now though. lol.

Great companion. Top out at around 17-19lbs but still fun as hell.

9. #9 Default  
    Cat

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by mthaynes View Post
    Cat
    this, self-cleaning and they shit in a box...win

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheflesh View Post
    Get a Bella
    Quote Originally Posted by mthaynes View Post
    Cat
    Get anything small enough you can train to pee on a pee pad or a litter box. Also...Bella sleeps all day so her type would be a good fit. Getting a dog that is going to wake you up at 8am cause it wants to go for a walk or to the bathroom might not be fair to the dog or you. Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris!
    Guest+1 needs no introduction
    2012 KIA sportage LX w/ convenience package. Freaking awesome.

12. #12 Default  
    Don't get a German Shepherd or any other sort of active dog if you aren't willing to get it the exercise it needs daily.

That means at the absolute MINIMUM, a 4-5 mile walk once a day. Running is better, twice is better, playing in the yard other times during the day(while still doing the other stuff) is ideal.

I absolutely LOVE the GSD and I swear to god I will get all militant on your ass if you get one and neglect it.

Edit to clarify something:
    I'm not trying to be a raging asshole of any sort. I grew up with purebred GSDs, and I know from experience that they require an extreme level of commitment. They require time, they require energy, they need you to train them and spend time with them. More often than not, people will buy a GSD puppy because they think it's cute or adorable, and they won't follow through on what is required of them. Exercise, training, play, interaction.
    Also, you more or less NEED a yard with a ten foot fence, they're very athletic animals and can clear 8 feet from standing easily.

TL;DR: Think of it this way: having a GSD and properly caring for it is almost the same level of commitment as having a baby. A GSD is a member of the family, not a pussy magnet.
    Last edited by splatt; 01-01-2011 at 08:27 PM.

13. #13 Default  
    Get a Shelby (west highland white terrier) you know how awesome mine is. Ill give you our breeders info. Get a female and get it neutered after its 1st heat.

14. #14 Default  
    Pomeranian. Has the personality of a larger dog, with half the size. Great dogs, our family has 3 of them, would never go another way...

I take that back, Pugs are great too.

Scott McIver
    scott@kaizentuning.com
    Kaizen Tuning LLC
    www.kaizentuning.com

2009 GTR
    2010 Evo X

15. #15 Default  
    Mini Australian Shepard.

The mini's are like 20 pounds, awesome and super smart dogs, the normal ones are like 60 pounds and awesome as well. Make sure you get one from a reputable dealer though because they can be prone to hip displasia if you're not careful.
    '84 Carrera
    '04 330xi ZSP
    '03 Suzuki SV650
    '77 Triumph Bonneville T140

16. #16 Default  
    whatever dog you get can you spend a little time looking into adopting an abandoned one before you go to a breeder

(buying from a breeder doesnt automatically mean you are buying a healthy animal, our first kitten died at 6 months because the breeder had bred cats with heart defects)

17. #17 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    whatever dog you get can you spend a little time looking into adopting an abandoned one before you go to a breeder

(buying from a breeder doesnt automatically mean you are buying a healthy animal, our first kitten died at 6 months because the breeder had bred cats with heart defects)
    this... please adopt
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

18. #18 Default  
    french bulldog....

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    and get it neutered
    Might be a good idea to do that to snowflake also

20. #20 Default  
    I think I'm gonna try an adopt a male Siberian husky ... For cute ones there almost 2 grand from a recommended breeder or I can adopt one for a donation.... Want one that looks like this guy!

Also haven't ruled out the German Shepard puppy as that's the only breed of dog my mom/ grandmother has ever owned and they love the breed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information