Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Favorite Rewards Credit Cards?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverR8 View Post
    Bummed that after almost 6 years they finally converted my Chase CashRewards card to Freedom, Card was getting me 5% at all Grocery/Supermarkets, Drugstores and gas. Got about $5,000 back in cash during the run. For those who pay in full don't worry about the rate, the better rewards cards will have a higher APR but who cares if you PIF? The hot card to get right now is this,
    http://www.aarpcreditcard.com/Default?CELL=66J9

It's a Chase AARP card, Gives back 5% in cash for all purchases for the first 6 months, You do not need to be a member of AARP to get it. If you have some big purchases coming up could be a great deal. If anyone wants to get it I can give you more info.
    bummer, my Shell card got me 5% off gas since 2004 until now.. program is a joke, has a cap now and sucks

2. #22 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Honestly 2 or 3 inquiries isn't going to hurt you. And after a few payments you're score will raise anyway.

Now if you want to apply for 10 cards that's an issue. Lol
    LOL, two, three at most.

Thank you.

3. #23 Default  
    hmmmm...I should probably get a credit card again haven't had one in like 5 or 6 years.
    Father of Phiff

4. #24 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    hmmmm...I should probably get a credit card again haven't had one in like 5 or 6 years.
    you are missing out on tons of rewards/cash back. Because I get reimburse for a lot of things with work, even at 1% its like I get $20 for free.
    Oh Yeah!

5. #25 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I need a good business card that pays well on Gas specifically(I foresee needing a lot VERY soon)
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

6. #26 Default  
    Penfed.org I think it's 5% back on gas.

Also look into wright express pete

7. #27 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    you are missing out on tons of rewards/cash back. Because I get reimburse for a lot of things with work, even at 1% its like I get $20 for free.
    I must use corp amex for any and all things work.
    Father of Phiff

8. #28 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Penfed.org I think it's 5% back on gas.

Also look into wright express pete
    Pen Fed isnt a biz card and I cant stand fuel cards... I will either end up doing a Mobile fleet account or find a decent business card that gives some cash back
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

9. #29 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I must use corp amex for any and all things work.
    ahh. well in that case it wouldnt benefit you as much but you are still giving up on a lot of benefits. the ability to have the CC company on my side when fruad happens alone is worth it.
    Oh Yeah!

10. #30 Default  
    Amex plum?

11. #31 Default  
    Amex plum?
    Plum Has $185 annual fee, Pretty good free business card now is
    http://business.bankofamerica.com/cr...A&category=200

"Earn 1% cash back on purchases, 2% on purchases at restaurants and 3% on purchases at participating gas stations, computer network services, and office supply stores"

Going to be tough finding a business card that pays 5% on gas unless you Just go with a straight gas card

12. #32 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverR8 View Post
    Plum Has $185 annual fee, Pretty good free business card now is
    http://business.bankofamerica.com/cr...A&category=200

"Earn 1% cash back on purchases, 2% on purchases at restaurants and 3% on purchases at participating gas stations, computer network services, and office supply stores"

Going to be tough finding a business card that pays 5% on gas unless you Just go with a straight gas card
    Thanks Scott, signing up now

13. #33 Default  
    Figured I'd just use this thread for my question instead of starting a new one.

I've been thinking about finally opening an account to finally start establishing some credit. Any ideas on what I should get? I probably wouldn't spend all too much, maybe under 3k a year, I'd rather use debit or checks so I don't have to worry about owing money at the end of each, especially in college.

Are there any cards that will give me any rewards for that low amount?

Edit: I'd prefer something with rewards for gas because I use a ton of that

14. #34 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0827 View Post

I've been thinking about finally opening an account to finally start establishing some credit. Any ideas on what I should get? I probably wouldn't spend all too much, maybe under 3k a year, I'd rather use debit or checks so I don't have to worry about owing money at the end of each, especially in college.

You really should have a credit card by now, I helped get my daughter one when she was 17 and by starting to build good credit at that age she was able to buy a house at 24 with a great 30 year 4.75% Mortgage. Use it instead of debt/checks, might as well get rewards for everything you buy. Just be responsible with it and don't spend more than you afford to pay off monthly since a rewards card for someone with no history going to have a high rate. Popular student card is CITI MTV U
    http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...9440B2CCD4BFAD

Has 5% categories that can come in handy for a student and even gives you extra rewards points for good grades and if you pay on time and stay under your limit

15. #35 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0827 View Post

http://www.discovercard.com/student-...tudsee_btn_002

16. #36 Default  
    Thanks for the links guys. I'm going to try and get something by the end of the month.

17. #37 Default  
    Look at the Citi Forward card. I think it has decent rewards and doesnt require a high credit score to get. Also look with your bank. I mean with no credit it will be tough applying for an amex or a chase freedom card for example. I know BOA has some cash rewards that arent fantastic but will start you on your credit building adventure.
    STI sedan with shocker sticker

18. #38 Default  
    seems like we revisit this thread often. suggestion for sticky.
    Oh Yeah!

19. #39 Default  
    Stuck!

20. #40 Default  
    I know a couple people have got the PenFed Platinum rewards card and wanted to let you know a change they recently made on it, no more foreign transaction fees. In the past you pretty much had to get a Capital One card for that

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Thread Information