Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Long term parking near boston

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Long term parking near boston 
    So Garth and I are headed to hawaii for the first week of Feb. We need to drop a car somewhere around the boston area (access to the T would be best) from Friday morning (the 28th) till sunday evening (the 6th). Does anyone know a place to park that would be cheaper than the airport parking? Does anyone wanna have an a4 chilling at their house for a week?

One thought that I had was to get the car a full detail done to it. If we brought it to driven perfection to get worked on would it be able to stay there for a week? It definitely needs the detail and it would be a good excuse to spend the money on it.

2. #2 Default  
    1 you can leave it at my place in Quincy
    2 call Alex, i am sure he wouldn't mind leaving it there

3. #3 Default  
    everytime chris posts something i think hes the happiest guy. cuz he always finish his sentense with dancing smily.

but its actually his sig
    Oh Yeah!

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    1 you can leave it at my place in Quincy
    2 call Alex, i am sure he wouldn't mind leaving it there
    Awesome, I'll talk to Garth and call Alex next week sometime to see if that would work, otherwise I'll be in touch Chris

And yea that is the best sig. So happy all the time.

5. #5 Default  
    Happy happy joy joy

Edit, you can take the redline right to south station to the silver line airport route if you so choose

6. #6 Default  
    yea I was just looking at the subway map. Confusing set up you all have down there, lol. I'll figure it out and be in touch.

7. #7 Default  
    I was just going to add, can't you take the blue line to the airport?

I do not think the silver line was done when I was down there.

8. #8 Default  
    I have no idea how any of that works. lol. Looks like the silver line would be the best bet though. Does the T close/open at a certain time?

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Happy happy joy joy

Edit, you can take the redline right to south station to the silver line airport route if you so choose
    the redline/silver line combo is pretty much win.

i do that round trip once a month when im back. Its also only $2 because you only have to pay once.

apart from having someone drive you/pick you up to/from the airport directly its really the best way.
    Oh Yeah!

10. #10 Default  
    If you lost your parking ticket, the garage only charges you a one-day max fee which is around $28-$50 in Boston. I believe this is a standard policy for most garages. Don't ask me how I know...

Disclaimer - this was a few years back and read their policy before parking.
    FOB is FOB

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingFast View Post
    If you lost your parking ticket, the garage only charges you a one-day max fee which is around $28-$50 in Boston. I believe this is a standard policy for most garages. Don't ask me how I know...

I can't imagine that's still true. Must be fairly rare someone parks their car for only one day, so everyone would do that. If so, good deal

12. #12 Default  
    last time I went to the airport, I had to prepay for 3 days or parking. THen got to the terminal and was told that my flight was delayed. It was delayed in such a way that my trip just needed to be canceled. But I was out the $60 for parking. And they wouldn't refund my money.

Looks like we will probably be getting a detail at DP. Which is good, car needs it.

13. #13 Default  
    Why do you need to prepay? I always park the the airport garage for business trips and never have to prepay. I just pay my ticket when I come home.
    FOB is FOB

14. #14 Default  

that make sense now. I've seen some parking garages where the attendants do an inventory at night, marking license plates. That data can be used to call out people who 'lost' their ticket

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by juSTIn View Post
    I can't imagine that's still true. Must be fairly rare someone parks their car for only one day, so everyone would do that. If so, good deal
    True! I used to work as a garage cashier on the weekend at MGH. So, that is/was their policy - lost ticket=max one day fee.

When you lost your ticket, they asked for driver license and registration before they let you exit.
    Last edited by GoingFast; 01-17-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    FOB is FOB

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by teambalthazar View Post
    yea I was just looking at the subway map. Confusing set up you all have down there, lol. I'll figure it out and be in touch.
    If you park at DP, take the commuter rail to South Station. From South Station, take the silver line and take the bus that goes to the airport since there are 3 different lines.
    FOB is FOB

17. #17 Default  
    Why do you need to prepay? I always park the the airport garage for business trips and never have to prepay. I just pay my ticket when I come home.
    They were doing construction or something on one of the garages/parking lots, so I was parking in a temporary lot. And they made you pay when you entered since they didn't have anything really set up for the temp lot.

And yea that seems like a good route to take to get to the airport. Is the silver line a bus?

18. #18 Default  
    I know the have in Natick, and I'm assuming in other places too, Logan Express. You pay a couple dollars park your car, they load you on to a coach bus, and drop you off right at the airport. Coming home, you catch one of the busses, and drive your car off. No need to arrange taxis / catch a train / have someone drive you.

ETA: Found the link - http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...anExpress.aspx

19. #19 Default  
    Or pay the $20 cab fee.. can be hard to split that..

(Not positive what it would cost, but its not far from DP you should call a cab company and check)

20. #20 Default  
    Right, I forgot about the construction of the E-terminal. I took taxi during those times.

Yes, the silver line is a bus. Once you get off the commuter rail, just walk out of the station and take the escalator down to the red line. You need to buy a ticket for $2 for one way or $4 for round trip. Once you passed the turnstile, take the stairs or elevator to the silver line which is one level below or just look for the airport sign.
    FOB is FOB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information