Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: June 18th Pegi Bartush Cruise for Cancer

1. #1 Default June 18th Pegi Bartush Cruise for Cancer 
    Hi everyone,
    As those who have been following my thread know, my aunt, Pegi Bartush, is coming close to her death as a result of stage 3 ovarian cancer. The two of us were very close, and she is the one who first got the gasoline running through my veins. In the past 10 years she has had two 911's, so you could say that she is a Porsche enthusiast. The whole purpose of this rally is to bring together car enthusiasts to raise money for cancer care and research.

Start Point:
    AfterFX Customs
    Address:
    20 Crescent Street, Stamford, CT 06906
    Please do not speed in or out of the lot, and refrain from any sort of behavior that would upset locals and police(burnouts, donuts, drifting, etc...)

End point:
    There will be 2 options. You can either stop up in Lakeville, CT or you can continue on to the Boston area in eastern Massachusetts.

Cost:
    The cost will be $40(cash) per person. This cost will include the entrance fee and car decal.
    There will be breakfast sandwiches and coffee provided at the starting point, these fees are not included in the entrance costs.

Donations:
    Donations are encouraged and should be made out to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition(NOCC)

Liability:
    A liability waiver will be required to be signed or else you will not receive your directions and decal.

Things to bring:
    1. Walkie Talkies
    2. Toll Money
    3. Radar Detectors
    4. Full gas tank

1.Stephen-Mercedes Benz CLK430 or 997.2 911 C2S Cabriolet

DETAILS WILL CONTINUE TO BE ADDED AS THEY COME IN

2. #2 Default  
    In pending more details.
    STI sedan with shocker sticker

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by evoq007 View Post
    In pending more details.
    Full details should be in by the end of the week.

4. #4 Default  
    should have car...should be in depending on if im in the area
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO

5. #5 Default  
    i will do my best to make sure i come back to mass that weekend.

also you mentioned decals? what do you have in mind for that?
    Oh Yeah!

6. #6 Default  
    In!!!

7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    also you mentioned decals? what do you have in mind for that?
    Not sure yet. I've got a bit of time, I was just told on Luxury4Play to post places to "reserve" the date. More details will be coming.
    So I mean if you want to crosspost, you can, just make you sure pm me a link to the forum. I really want to get as many people as possibly, it hits close to home and I know it also hits close to home for others as well.

8. #8 Default  
    oo no i mean like i dont have time to go prep the car for decals if i am coming in from out of state. just want to know what you have in mind for decals thats all. But ill talk to you more about it later when the time is closer
    Oh Yeah!

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    oo no i mean like i dont have time to go prep the car for decals if i am coming in from out of state. just want to know what you have in mind for decals thats all. But ill talk to you more about it later when the time is closer
    I was thinking magnetic stickers for the door panels. But if you want someone to sponsor you by the mile or something like that, I guess you could get a larger decal for the car? I'm not really sure, that idea was just brought up to me recently.

10. #10 Default  
    if you want the regular stick on decals pm alex at driven perfection, he did them for the NER, he does a great job and the price is right

11. #11 Default June 18th Pegi Bartush Cruise for Cancer 
    Blog Entries
    Just curious but I noticed that there is an entrance fee and then you ask for a donation too? Is the entrance fee not going to any donations?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

12. #12 Default  
    Two things:
    1) Why is this in the NY/NJ section?
    2) $40 entrance fee to join a cruise? Why couldn't people just wait down the street for the cruise to start and then join in?
    I'm not saying that's what I would do but this is something to think about. People do this every year on the SCRT cruises.

Suggestions:
    Instead of charging the individuals that want to be a part of this, try getting sponsors. They could pay a pre-set amount and you could guarantee them space at the meeting point before it starts, stickers on every car on the cruise, and advertising anywhere this event is posted.
    Raffles - Of things you can get on your own and/or products/services from the sponsors.
    Still ask for donations when people put into the meeting lot. This is a big hit usually at the Cars & Copters every year. People will donate; you don't have to force them to (with an entrance fee).

If you want to brainstorm some more you can PM me. I'm sure 55fanatic and Chris! would be happy to chat with you as well.

Thread Information