Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Wine Tasting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Wine Tasting 
    Went to a liquor store tonight with the G.F and they had a mini wine tasting event. It was nothing big at all. Not a lot maybe 3-4 wines but I was wondering if anyone knew of any larger scale wine tastings etc. I am starting to like wine more and more and because there is so much involved in the different kinds I also find it interesting.

Any info would be awesome. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mr. Wolf; 03-11-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

2. #2 Default  

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

3. #3 Default  
    Try chocolate wine. I was surprised it was actually good.

Welch's makes a non-fermented wine that's good and sweet. Not like most that are tart

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye

4. #4 Default  
    what JD is trying to say is that the G.F. is making him drink wine hes not allowed to do shots anymore

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
    Went to a liquor store tonight with the G.F and they had a mini wine tasting event. It was nothing big at all. Not a lot maybe 3-4 wines but I was wondering if anyone knew of any larger scale wine tastings etc. I am starting to like wine more and more and because there is so much involved in the different kinds I also find it interesting.

Any info would be awesome. Thanks!
    Was it that little place on the corner at coolidge corner? Used to go there to get wine back when i was in law school and was visiting friends out on the c line. I saw a wine tasting a few months ago at a restaurant in Salem. Johnny and I also went to a wine and seafood festival around may of last year. Freaking awesome. They paired the wine and food together and gave you full glasses of wine per course. Delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris!
    Guest+1 needs no introduction
    2012 KIA sportage LX w/ convenience package. Freaking awesome.

6. #6 Default  
    what do you mean by larger scale? are you talking about more wines to taste or go to a nicer place to do a wine tasting tour?

I am not really an expect in this but I did a couple of them when I was in south africa. From what i've gathered, you can either do the one where its a nice setting/scenery and spend a day touring the winery and taste 3-4 different wine. If thats what you are thinking of I think something like Nashoba Valley Winery is what you are looking for.

If you want to just try/drink hundreds of wine and get wasted I think they do that at the Boston Convention Center twice a year and I remember events like that in worcester when I was in school there.

Option 3 is to break into BuzzTT's house. I heard hes got a wine cellar.
    Oh Yeah!

7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
    what JD is trying to say is that the G.F. is making him drink wine hes not allowed to do shots anymore
    Never did shots. I leave that to people like you who wake up in the morning and have to do shots to get by every day
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?

8. #8 Default  
    Never did shots. I leave that to people like you who wake up in the morning and have to do shots to get by every day
    yea.... but

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    what do you mean by larger scale? are you talking about more wines to taste or go to a nicer place to do a wine tasting tour?
    This

From what i've gathered, you can either do the one where its a nice setting/scenery and spend a day touring the winery and taste 3-4 different wine. If thats what you are thinking of I think something like Nashoba Valley Winery is what you are looking for.
    also this
    i love that scope

10. #10 Default  
    yea.... but

ROR ok you win on that
    i love that scope

11. #11 Default  
    This

also this
    well i answered both. so i am just like charlie sheen. Winning
    Oh Yeah!

12. #12 Default  
    ROR ok you win on that
    You going out tonight?

13. #13 Default  
    JD, check out the Nashoba Valley Winery, she will like that, nice little daytrip in the spring for ya

Its in Bolton MA out off of 495 (bring M, roads are fun)

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by guest +1 View Post
    Was it that little place on the corner at coolidge corner?
    That wine store (corner of harvard street?) actually Shut down within the past 2 months. Sad as it was a very nice store. GPS wine and spirits was the name.

We went to Coolidge wine and spirits it's not on the corner its a more going towards Kenmore on Beacon.
    i love that scope

15. #15 Default  
    If you really want to go all out take a weekend trip to the fingerlakes in upstate NY. They have wine tour where you go from winnery to winnery and do a tasting at each. Its also a really pretty area of the country.

I took an ex on on one of these and we had a really good time despite her blacking out about 1/2 way through at like 3 in the afternoon.
    '86 325es - MTechnic I - s54tu
    '89 325is
    '08 RS4

16. #16 Default  
    well i answered both. so i am just like charlie sheen. Winning
    bi-winning

You going out tonight?
    Yes, boyleston, Lir I think dunno yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    JD, check out the Nashoba Valley Winery, she will like that, nice little daytrip in the spring for ya

Its in Bolton MA out off of 495 (bring M, roads are fun)
    Will definitely look into this. They have Weekend Tastings so I might even trek out there tomorrow it looks like it's gonna be nice
    i love that scope

17. #17 Default  
    if you really want to do this right. Fly over the France for the weekend ...

http://wine-tours-france.com/
    Oh Yeah!

18. #18 Default  
    if you really want to do this right. Fly over the France for the weekend ...

http://wine-tours-france.com/
    can't saving for african hunting trip
    i love that scope

19. #19 Default  
    can't saving for african hunting trip
    lol really? when and where? i almost did that when I was in South Africa. But I didnt want to deal with the meat if I actually shot anything. So i did a safari instead.
    Oh Yeah!

20. #20 Default  
    i might do a small tasting session at my house at one of the bbq's this summer if a few other people are interested

what are you guys drinking, red or white ?

there are a few wineries arround MA/NH that will offer tasting sessions, would make a for a nice day trip

a weekend/long weekend in sonoma would also be a good option, they have hundreds of wineries and there are various bus/car tours, some of the nicest scenery you will ever see, one of my favorite places on the planet

most wineries will offer between 5-10 wines so if your just looking to taste the most number of wines possible than going to a tasting session at a liquor store would be the best bet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information