Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Official Firearms Thread

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155
Results 3,081 to 3,091 of 3091
  1. #3081 Default  
    M&P 9mm can be a lot of different things... Do you mean the M&P Shield 9mm
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.

2. #3082 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    M&P 9mm can be a lot of different things... Do you mean the M&P Shield 9mm
    Yeah sorry, the M&P Shield 9mm.

3. #3083 Default  
    I've got a shield with the Apex kit and it's great. I've never fired the bodyguard so I can't compare.

I will say that I've shot 3 different shields. One with a trigger job by a good smith (I think it was Greg Derr), a stock shield, and my Shield with Apex kit.

The stock shield felt like it had a 50lb pull. It sucked and I traded it after one outing. So, find a used one that has the trigger fixed with either the kit or a trigger job by a good smith.
    -Mike

4. #3084 Default  
    Was it just too heavy, or was it also notchy or uneven? The bodyguard is DAO so I am expecting a heavy pull, which I am fine with on a self defense weapon.
    I think I would like to pocket carry which pushes me towards the bodyguard because IWB isn't super comfortable for me. But I've also been carrying a revolver which is almost twice as wide as a single stack pistol in the cylinder area.

5. #3085 Default  
    It's been a couple of years... but it was definitely heavy and gritty, I think lots of over travel too. As for pocket carry.. I think the shield is too big.
    -Mike

6. #3086 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    Does anybody on here have an M&P 9mm? I think I'm between that and the Bodyguard for a daily carry gun.
    Consider a shield 9 (no safety model). I put it up against a g43/g26 and other single stacks in competition - it's a damn solid choice. I use one as a daily. Cannot be beat IMHO for the price.

7. #3087 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by mthaynes View Post
    My DVC runs fine. I did do a little mag tuning (i basically copied what I had done to my other STI mags that were tuned by Dawson) if you are having FTF I would take it up with STI. Are you running reloads or factory? because of the tight tolerances the crip on the round an impact performance. My first STI needed a lot of help before it ran smooth
    Thank you, ended up being the lip on their mags. With factory ammo with correct OAL it was tilting the rounds. Mag tuning is still an art!

8. #3088 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    Was it just too heavy, or was it also notchy or uneven? The bodyguard is DAO so I am expecting a heavy pull, which I am fine with on a self defense weapon.
    I think I would like to pocket carry which pushes me towards the bodyguard because IWB isn't super comfortable for me. But I've also been carrying a revolver which is almost twice as wide as a single stack pistol in the cylinder area.
    I used to do pocket carry too (both revolver and semi), because of the same IWB issue. I wanted to step up from my .380 at the time to 9mm. Once I found the right combo (shield 9 / PJ holsters IWB deep conceal kydex) for all day comfort I never looked back. Everyone is a little different fit, but once you find a winner it's go-time.

9. #3089 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitron View Post
    Thank you, ended up being the lip on their mags. With factory ammo with correct OAL it was tilting the rounds. Mag tuning is still an art!
    hmmmm It is almost impossible to get 140 sit mags right now. if i were a gambling man I bet the mag tube supplier to STI did not get the spec right and STI is waiting for replacements. you may have gotten a couple that slipped past QC. My DVC is about 2 months old.
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

10. #3090 Default  
    Shot an MP5K today. Well a clone with no fun switch. But still it was sweet. Do need.

11. #3091 Default  
    Got the red dot for Christmas. So I had to get something to put it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Mike

Thread Information