Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Buyer Beware: Motorsport Lab Groupon Purchase

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Buyer Beware: Motorsport Lab Groupon Purchase 
    DO NOT BUY THIS GROUPON

$99 For 1 Hour Exotic Car Experience In Boston.

If you have 20 minutes or so to kill - read the discussion here.

Lots of very pissed off people.

Groupon is slipping big time. They actually extended this deal to 4 Days just so they would meet their Quota and make $50K.

2. #2 Default  
    who is also responsible for the condition of a $225,000 supercar during their experience.
    lol who ever pays $225K for a F360, DB9 or Elise these days needs his head examined.. even $225K for all 3 is overpaying

3. #3 Default  
    lol again wth!
    only good thing i got from group on was the buy in on the detail at driven perfection

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bader.abbas View Post
    only good thing i got from group on was the buy in on the detail at driven perfection

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bader.abbas View Post
    lol again wth!
    this.

6. #6 Default  
    there are good deals on groupon just gotta look into em

And LMAO @ an elise being a supercar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO

7. #7 Default  
    Elise's are toy cars. Supercar? WTF?
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

8. #8 Default  
    I saw that comment from the merchant, about the "$225K" for the cost of a car. Not only is that not correct, but it shows dishonesty on part of the merchant. As mentioned in an earlier post, NONE of those cars cost $225K only an idiot would get jerked on a deal like that. I can't really say Groupon slipped directly, it just sounds more like the ethics/disclosure policy of that business is in question. Just a thought....
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

9. #9 Default  
    omg their fine print is nuts lol. you pay $3000 if you get the motor above 5k rpm.

I bet I could make a driver shit a brick

10. #10 Default  
    all they have to do it give 7 rides a day for a month at the groupon rate + ripoff fees and they have pretty much paid for that F360

a good bidnezzz idea...

11. #11 Default  
    I bet I can blow up their transmission in 10 seconds.

12. #12 Default  
    Sucks that consumers are getting screwed in the deal. If it wasnt for the fact that I am involved in YR though, I wouldnt have had the chance to see so many dream cars in person and might actually be a sucker for their deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beematic View Post
    I bet I can blow up their transmission in 10 seconds.
    lol
    Oh Yeah!

13. #13 Default  
    So this guy's business plan is to sell ad space on exotics that will drive around boston all day long. Gee, what could go wrong with that? F-Cars are knows for their reliability. Then he ropes suckers into paying to drive his billboard around, and also works it so these same suckers will be paying for any damages that happen while their car is getting repaired. In addition he opens other revenue streams that most people wouldn't think of, like charging $3000 if you rev a high-strung supercar engine past 5k rpm. And the lovely 'gratuity' of 18% on an imaginary value that nobody has ever paid. The best one - charging sales tax on the imaginary value. Obviously, the pocket the difference. There is no f-ing way they're going to tally every groupon rider as $500 in sales. F'ing brilliant!

I read the thread on groupon, and it's plainly simple to spot the shills in the comments. I'm kind of surprised that the posters in the thread are so damn dim-witted. Any other forum I've ever been on would have had the MA DOR on the guy's ass as soon as they found him obviously charging people tax that he does not pay to the state.

In any case, if you pay any price to drive an exotic on a loop through Boston I guess you deserve what you get.

-Justin

2001 Miata LS with a few mods, 2013 FR-S with no mods.

14. #14 Default  
    Motorsport Labs sold 2700 Groupons the first time this deal was offered. That created a heated discussion as well.

Here is a quote from Groupon User Joe B. -

"Most of the people that pay for this deal will not get to drive this car. The numbers just don’t add up.

First off, if you believe they can run this thing 9 hours a day, 7 days a week for, at this point, almost a year, you are high.

Then there is the service. Even if they just do an oil change at the recommended interval, they will have to do one every 22 days or so. That is at least a day or two out of service more than once a month. If they do a major service every 15k as recommended, they will lose the car for weeks about every 3-4 months. This doesn’t include brake work, ect.

No doubt 9 different people that don’t know how to use an f1 trans per day will go through a clutch every couple of weeks, ect, ect, ect.

I could go on and on, but the dreamers will continue to believe.

This deal ain’t gonna happen for 80%+ of those that bought it.

I personally own a ferrari and a lamborghini and i’m gonna put up my own deal for $50 for 5k people. get ready!

I guess the upside is these scammers are gonna have their hands full with complaints, repair bills and chargebacks. Not to mention working at least 10hrs a day 7x/week for years. HAHA.

I wonder how many people that bought this play the lottery? I’m thinking 100%. Good luck chumps."

15. #15 Default  
    Moved the group on chat to the Consultant lounge... I am going to change the name of the thread...

Buyer Beware: Don't purchase Motorsport Lab's exotic car rental on group on

16. #16 Default  
    I did purchase a coupon from last year, but I haven't used it. I was thinking of making an appointment and see how it goes. Groupon said gratuity is optional and not mandatory. The gratuity is based on $89 and not $499, but it is not true when I read the reviews since it is based on the retail price. So, the whole thing could cost you $200. I have asked Groupon to refund my purchase, but they refused since they can't refund my purchase based on reviews. I am tempted to book an appointment and see what will happen. I am going to tell them that I drove a 360 before and don't need any instructions from an instructor to tell me how to drive it. No instructions, no gratuity is needed. LOL The other option is to let the coupon expired since I may not want to deal with bs. But, I am going to try and get a refund from Groupon.
    Last edited by GoingFast; 04-22-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    FOB is FOB

17. #17 Default  
    Don't let it expire, thats what they want! Register go for the drive, and see how it goes... Post your review here and I will publish it as an Article... when people google motorsport lab, they will see the review

18. #18 Default  
    Pete,

You want me to spend another $100 and the repair bill when I am pissed and revved the engine to 9K in first gear. I'll let you know if I do it since I can easily book an appointment with them during the weekdays.
    FOB is FOB

19. #19 Default  
    5k RPM limit is absurd on a ferrari

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingFast View Post
    Pete,

You want me to spend another $100 and the repair bill when I am pissed and revved the engine to 9K in first gear. I'll let you know if I do it since I can easily book an appointment with them during the weekdays.
    whats the fine for driving it on the sidewalk and damaging rims

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information