Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Buyer Beware: Motorsport Lab Groupon Purchase

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #61 Default  
    Motorsports Lab autocross / car control event was a blast! Please note that I have driven my cars on several race tracks at high speeds during PCA and Ferrari Club track days. I have driven in and watched autocross events. I watched the videos on youtube from participants in this event before I coughed up $149 to drive their Ferrari F430 for 3 laps of an autocross course. Once there, I saw the more laps would be better, every driver said so, so I bought three more for $100 and a 3-lap ride along for my wife for $50. The instructors at the event said the extra insurance was unnecessary and I agree; there is no way to over-rev the car, hit something, or damage the supercar in any way. Do not buy the waivers and have a good time. Buy extra laps for the most fun. I did. I really got into the car by the third lap and drove it like I stole it on every lap, drifting a little, diving into curves, braking hard and squealing tires on every lap. My instructor urged me to go faster and even pointed out better lines for me to take. He loved that I hammered the car. It was a lot of fun. Yes, each lap took about 30 seconds. Yes, there were six turns, I shifted once into second gear and stayed there with Ferrari's excellent F1 trans, and right, I probably did not get past about 60 MPH. And, absolutely, I had a blast! Every driver had a big smile when they got out of a car. Just ignore the negative reviews, or sift through them for facts and discard the pure negativity from people who did not research what they were buying. Most importantly ignore the few who did not even go to the event and are just complaining based on their perceptions of what it might have been. I did the event in Milwaukee yesterday morning and had a blast. We will do the event again in September and she's going to drive, too. It was a blast and it was well worth the price of admission. Just don't go in thinking you are going to thrash a $240,000 car on a race track for an hour for a $100 Groupon. Set your expectations based on reviews and youtube videos and buy it if you want to hammer a supercar as fast as you can for a few hot laps. BTW - as to waivers and damage, the first thing the instructor did was walk us around the car and point out the damage, chips, scuffs, etc. It wasn't beat up, but we all walked around it for a close inspection, he showed everyone that the only undamaged parts were the engine cover, roof, glass, and hood. Every rim already had scuffs and all the low body parts were scuffed a little. I drove it harder than anyone else except the instructor; I have a lot experience on a real race track with my last Boxster. You cannot over-rev the car in autocross with the F1 transmission, and if I did he never said anything; I wasn't looking at the gauges. There were no curbs to hit, it's a parking lot, and the plastic cones are only 3 - 4 " tall. If you hit one, he said to stop and pull it out from under the car if it drags and makes noise and then continue on. They won't stop you early and it won't hurt anything. Summary, this $100 - $150 Groupon is worth the money; buy extra laps at the event to get the most out of the experience. Arrive early to see others drive; do not sweat being first in line, learn from watching the others and listening to the non-driving instructor critique them. We had more than enough fun to justify the total $310 we spent for nine laps. I tipped the driver $60. $20 for each three laps with me, and $20 for taking my wife out for a three lap ride-along. He was very happy. Several people there said they did the same; tipped $20 for their three lap runs. ADDT'L COMMENT: I read a couple of more reviews, again from people complaining about the ad and the release that haven't even done the event, about the 5000 RPM limit. It is now 6500 and again, no way you are going to hit it with the F1 transmission on an autocross course. Judge for yourselves people, don't jump on the bandwagon thinking you can outdrive a licensed race driver in a car he has hours, or days, in. Don't overanalyze, buy it if you want to thrash a Ferrari, or don't, but there is no need to trash a legitimate business with lots of satisfied customers.
    Last edited by Dark horse; 05-30-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: additional detail response

2. #62 Default  
    Hope you do not get audited by the IRS.

3. #63 Default  
    Can't swing a dead shill in here without hitting a shill, which just goes to prove that this place is a scam.

Generally shills are only employed by businesses that piss off more customers than they please.

-Justin

4. #64 Default  
    Lol love how people randomly show up to post there "great experience"

5. #65 Default  
    Man, now we're getting shills from Wisconsin? This is some advanced shilling right here.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

6. #66 Default  
    I'm waiting for the "not a shill" account name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark horse View Post
    Several people there said they did the same; tipped $20 for their three lap runs. ADDT'L COMMENT: I read a couple of more reviews, again from people complaining about the ad and the release that haven't even done the event, about the 5000 RPM limit. It is now 6500 and again, no way you are going to hit it with the F1 transmission on an autocross course.
    Redline on a 430 is 7800, you could EASILY hit that in 2nd gear on a straight section of any autocross. The car has modern tech, if you bounced off the rev limiter, absolutely nothing would happen... it's an arbitrary limiter to make more money off people unfamiliar with such a car. If you were running a proper autoX you'd run a Miata or similar platform, a high revving NA V8 on autocross is like having a yacht on a river...

Matt
    Twitter: @mkeefe / My Company: PixelBit

7. #67 Default  
    I just got back from driving with motorsport-lab this afternoon at Portland International Raceway, and I had a lot of doubts because of the massive waivers and possible uncharges. It turns out, none of that is an issue. The only insurance add-ons they recommend, but don't force you to take, are $25 add-ons for scuffed side panels or front/rear bumper, but they are not aggressive about pushing the insurance or, apparently, on charging people for running into cones. As far as over-revving is concerned, that is a non-issue: on a tight autocross course, once you get up to second gear, you never leave it, and you will not come anywhere near over-revving the engine. All in all, we had a great time, the Groupons worked just fine, the Ferrari and Lambo were in excellent condition, and i will definitely do it again sometime. BTW, you people that comment on it being a scam without having any information, other than "they can't possibly make money doing that", should refrain from commenting. Motorsport-lab is the real deal.

8. #68 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by CuntL View Post
    I just got back from driving with motorsport-lab this afternoon at Portland International Raceway, and I had a lot of doubts because of the massive waivers and possiblebut I found they would give me a credit for posting a bullshit review here.
    Dear Motorsports Lab,

If you feel like you deserve to be re-evaluated, come here and post yourselves. You're local for shit's sake, come to a C&C and tell us how you've improved your service.

Every fucking shill you send I will respond to, calling you out as a scam. Every shill you send adds more evidence to my case, while undermining your own.

-Justin

9. #69 Default  
    wow seriously... random fake accounts with no prior introduction to reboot a old thread...srsly....get a life and go pound sand.. mods/admin should close this thread before more personal attacks are thrown at each other
    '00 GS300
    '08 IS250
    '05 IS300
    '73 240Z
    Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Philsans5
    Wes get your hands out of there!
    Quote Originally Posted by streetxdreamer View Post
    spotted LFA in toilet, promptly flushed it
    Quote Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
    Hennessey

10. #70 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.wong.kid View Post
    wow seriously... random fake accounts with no prior introduction to reboot a old thread...srsly....get a life and go pound sand.. mods/admin should close this thread before more personal attacks are thrown at each other
    So why did you bump this thread from a month ago wes?
    Oh Yeah!

11. #71 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Wow all of a sudden this is the most popular thread, flooded with positive responses. Should probably reach out to my buddy Scott who works with these guys and see if he has anything to say about all these "new" YR members
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

12. #72 Default  
    very fun much like experiance with motorsports labe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Thread Information