Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Buyer Beware: Motorsport Lab Groupon Purchase

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #41 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    And they wouldn't even give me a chance, sigh
    Really?? They were practically begging us to do one for the barber shop when I called to see what its like for costing..

2. #42 Default  
    I think they are more desperate in some areas for businesses to use groupons than they are in others

In Boston: they have a line around the block.

In CT: they must not

3. #43 Default  

love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

4. #44 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    I think they are more desperate in some areas for businesses to use groupons than they are in others

In Boston: they have a line around the block.

In CT: they must not
    True... Didn't think of that...

5. #45 Default  
    Lol Motorsport lab is such a joke

They are now saying (after people have bought over 1000 of these) you need to have a limit of $7500 on your credit card for a hold that they need to place.

Plus you need to pay an 18, 20, or 25% gratuity on the $549...not on the $99...

What a fricken scam.

6. #46 Default  

They are now saying (after people have bought over 1000 of these) you need to have a limit of $7500 on your credit card for a hold that they need to place.

What a fricken scam.

7. #47 Default  

What a fricken scam.
    What! My little brother bought this for me a couple months back for my birthday. He still hasn't sent me the info to sign up yet, lol. Everything i read about this is crazy though. I'll dig it out of him to see what they say when i call them up.

8. #48 Default  
    I still have the one I got from cars and copters raffle, that Scott put up.

9. #49 Default  
    That meme will never get old mike...I love the pic of Yao ming Making that face, wearing the shirt, with that face on it lol

10. #50 Default  

just for u benvie

11. #51 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by streetxdreamer View Post

just for u benvie
    Lol literally makes me laugh out loud erry time

12. #52 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by fatmike View Post
    I still have the one I got from cars and copters raffle, that Scott put up.

Sorry about that.....but did get me a very nice tax deduction since I used the $499 each price as deduction
    Also no Trophy yet, maybe they were bullshitting? Don't want you thinking I stole. Do have this plus your tshirt. You going to be at the meet and greet tomorrow?

13. #53 Default  
    I actually had the chance to partake in this event today and I had a great time. I went to Loudon for the Ferrari Agility Course and got exactly what I expected. I never planned on showing up to the track and start ripping around in a Ferrari for $100 so I kind of knew what I was in store for. We got there, checked in, went over the paperwork, had one of the instructors give the group rules and safety tips and then we got driving. There was only 1 car, a Yellow 360 Modena, and I was in a group of 4 so you watch others until its your turn. I've never auto-x before so I couldnt tell you much about the course and how well the layout was but it worked fine for everyone in my group. The car was set in automatic so I never really worried about going over the 6500rpms and the track was set short so you never really had time to mash the throttle, which was fine. You have to remember, this is open to anyone with any driving experience so they try and make it as easy and universal as they can. I was there about an hour before I was suposed to drive and I didnt see anyone hit a cone, which was a concern to management because they try and keep these cars in the best condition they can. However, the guy who went after me mashed a cone and caused some damage to the front bumper. Needless to say, he had to stay later then most of us and go over some insurance forms!

I know some people have had problems with Motorsport Lab calling them and cancelling their reservations but I didnt have this happen to myself. I know that people were upset about not being able to go over 6500rpms without getting fined, but in the end, you have to remember how much you're paying for the luxury of driving a supercar. For somebody like myself who will probably never get the chance to own a car like this, it was a lot of fun and worth the $200 ($100 for the groupon and I left a $100 tip for the instructor because he was a knowledgeable and great guy).

Kevin

14. #54 Default  
    I had a great experience, it was awesome! Chuck and David were great. Chuck runs an awesome team. Kevin is the best sherpa ever. They were great to deal with. Any questions were answered immediately. Problems were solved immediately and professionally and with respect. I was very satisfied. It was better than an amusement park: much shorter lines and a ton of thrills. I am spreading the word to all of my friends and relatives to please do this if not while they are still in town, then please do it next time they are in town.

15. #55 Default  
    Hi, Chuck, David or Kevin! You're still a bunch of cocksucking scammers. Get fucked.

-Justin

16. #56 Default  
    Groupon as a whole is a shady company, they side with the merchant every time (makes sense, its their meal ticket). That being said, you could go to a local dealership and test drive a supercar and receive a better experience. a 5k limit on a Ferrari? Thats hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    Hi, Chuck, David or Kevin! You're still a bunch of cocksucking scammers. Get fucked.

-Justin
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Justin.b again.
    Twitter: @mkeefe / My Company: PixelBit

17. #57 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sticking up for Motorsportlab but considering g this thread is 5 years old now, pretty sure they retuned their business model. They were up at NHMS last I heard and they run an AX format or something, you get to push the cars now.
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

18. #58 Default  
    I'd be more willing to believe that if they didn't post here under a fake new account just to dig up this thread.

If they had come here as themselves to announce the changes they made to their operation, I'd be more tempted to believe it. But since they're still selling groupons and acting as their own shill, I'd say it's more likely than not that they're still shitty.

-Justin

19. #59 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdtuttle87 View Post
    I had a great experience, it was awesome! Chuck and David were great. Chuck runs an awesome team. Kevin is the best sherpa ever. They were great to deal with. Any questions were answered immediately. Problems were solved immediately and professionally and with respect. I was very satisfied. It was better than an amusement park: much shorter lines and a ton of thrills. I am spreading the word to all of my friends and relatives to please do this if not while they are still in town, then please do it next time they are in town.
    You should probably introduce yourself. So people know you are an actual person
    Oh Yeah!

20. #60 Default  
    If that poster is anything but a shill, I'm a Nigerian prince needing some bank information to help me get my dad's money out of the country.

-Justin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information