Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: My '88 M3

1. #1 Default My '88 M3 
    Hey everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris, I'm from Cape Cod. I'm driving an e30 M3 these days, but have owned a bunch of other BMW's. Mostly e36's, but I had an e34 530i for awhile. I met a few of your guys at the Newport Concours. I hadn't even heard of this forum until the Concours. I just showed up with my brother, and figured "Hey why not take the M3?", when I was heading out the door.

Anyways, enough about me...It's the showroom right? My M3 is an '88 in Alpine White with a black interior. I'm the 4th owner, although the 3rd was my father...Looong story on how I talked him into selling it to me...It's a bit on the modified side I suppose. It has a set of Schrick Cams, not quite sure what spec though, they have been installed since the 2nd owner. It sits on a set of M Parallels with stock suspension and a BMP strut bar. I have a set of H&R springs and Billsteins I'm debating on installing along with a few other performance goodies. I recently installed a BMW accessory glass moonroof and euro rear head rests. It also has a set of Bosch non-smiley elipsoid headlights. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to pics, but I'll post up a few of what I have.

Before I put the moonroof in.

The red e30 is my little brother's 325e coupe, the black e36 used to be mine.

The Moonroof

Vent

Black shades are very rare. Only M3s have the black headliner, and the roofs are rare as it is. I had mine dyed. Its very hard to tell, but spends most of the time back anyway.

Anyways, I'll get more pics up one day. I should really pull it out and clean it up a bit more, but the weather is brutal.

2. #2 Default  
    welcome!

love the e30 m

3. #3 Default  
    very very beautiful car.. cristov was drooling over your moonroof and rims lol

i'd love to do a photoshoot with your AW E30, mike's AW E46 and my AW E92... but I'd love to find someone with an AW E36 M3 as well to complete the quadrilogy.. THAT would be ballar!!! please be on the lookout!

4. #4 Default  
    welcome, very nice e30, very clean, was one of the first cars i really fell in love with and need to acquire one soon

stop being lazy and post more pics

5. #5 Default  
    Wow, super clean E30. Welcome!
    Joe

Estoril F30 335i ZMP

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by leemik View Post
    very very beautiful car.. cristov was drooling over your moonroof and rims lol

i'd love to do a photoshoot with your AW E30, mike's AW E46 and my AW E92... but I'd love to find someone with an AW E36 M3 as well to complete the quadrilogy.. THAT would be ballar!!! please be on the lookout!
    Haha I don't know anybody with an AW e36. That would be a very cool shoot, I'd be in! I'm lucky, my M3 is very original. It has all of it's VIN tags, and all the sheet metal has original paint. The only thing that was repainted was the trunk and spoiler, but they have all had that done or need it done by now.

Christov and I were talking about how my Sirius is installed. By the sounds of it he has a very cool e30 project in the works.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

7. #7 Default  
    Welcome to the forum. Awesome car!

Cristov needed a moment alone with it @ concours.

Enjoy your stay, hope you come to more events

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    welcome, very nice e30, very clean, was one of the first cars i really fell in love with and need to acquire one soon

stop being lazy and post more pics
    Buy one now! They're going up in value every year and are getting harder and harder to find! I'm not lazy about posting pics, I'm horrible about taking them.

9. #9 Default  
    hey, glad you made it here. I already told you but I love the car... its very clean. Moonroof is uber baller status.
    '86 325es - MTechnic I - s54tu
    '89 325is
    '08 RS4

10. #10 Default  
    Thanks! Always glad to talk to a fellow e30 lover. The roof is my favorite part I think. I love the way it breaks up the look of the roof. I don't think they're as rare as people think. I looked at 3 or 4 before I pulled the trigger one mine.
    Chris

'88 BMW M3
    '89 Jeep Wrangler
    '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    '74 Vespa 125 Primavera

11. #11 Default  
    Great car... welcome
    1938 Chevrolet Master Deluxe
    1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Lowrider

TWiG Photography!!!

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrapp View Post
    Buy one now! They're going up in value every year and are getting harder and harder to find! I'm not lazy about posting pics, I'm horrible about taking them.
    i know, im in the middle of a house rennovation so am only lightly looking right now, i found one that was almost perfect last year at the mendon show, should have made him an offer but i didnt, he was going to butcher it and turn it into a an autox car or something

looking forward to seeing some future pics of your ride, if you get the chance let mike lee and some of the other photog guys on here take some, you'll be shocked how good your ride can look

13. #13 Default  
    Welcome Chris!! Glad to see you on here. After working with Chris at a dealership in the past, I can definitely say that his family has had some beautiful BMW's over the years.

14. #14 Default  
    car looks good and we def need to find someone with an AW e36 M3.

15. #15 Default  
    cool preserved early M3. Hold onto it, the E36 M3s dwarf your car in production

16. #16 Default  
    very cool car!
    Porsche 991 GT3
    & Nardo Grey & Copper
    HRE P101-IPE Catless Exhaust- Teachart Steering Wheel-4.0 Livery Stripes- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package

17. #17 Default  
    I won't be selling it anytime soon that's for sure. Just about anything these days will blow me out of the water, but nothing I've driven even comes close to driving an e30 M3. It has lots of character like an older Porsche, but more its confidence inspiring. The only thing scary about it os that it makes you think you're a way better driver than you are. It's one of the cars every car guy needs to drive before they die.
    Chris

'88 BMW M3
    '89 Jeep Wrangler
    '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    '74 Vespa 125 Primavera

18. #18 Default  
    Love the car! Welcome i look forward to meeting you and getting a closer look at your car.

19. #19 Default  
    Can you repost the pictures? Can only see the sunroof pic. Would love to get some photos of your car with my main project 190E Cosworth. If you took pictures with a smoke silver one at any events last year, that is one of my Cossies that I have sold. Have seen pics of a white E30 M3 with the car (changed for the worse since guys owned it)

C36 AMG-sold
    190E 2.3-16 Cosworth-Euro'd out,custom susp,AMG Monos,Momo crap,SL Recaros,Spec St.2,AMG Calips,EFI,MS,Moselman headers,Garrett Turbo
    190E 2.3-16 Cosworth-customEaton M62-sold
    C280 Rieger/Carlsson-daily for the girl
    C32 AMG Designo-Carbon Fiber obsession,Command,Dension Gateway,Eurocharged TCU&ECU&185mmP,full55k intake,Sprint Booster,Brabus Vs,Brabus interior,H&Rs,BillySports-Daily

20. #20 Default  
    he hasnt posted in almost a year, maybe try pm'ing him

Thread Information