Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: 458 Photoshop Help?

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1 Default 458 Photoshop Help? 
    Can someone change the background of this photo to black and white, leaving only the car in color?

    Any help would be appreciated - Thanks in advance!



    458DP by drivenperfection, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote  

  2. #2 Default  
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maine aka Canada Jr.
    Posts
    882
    how's this...

    Last edited by Alkivar; 06-18-2011 at 10:30 PM.

    '08 Audi A5 S-line... 3.2L of ozone depleting goodness.
    Reply With Quote  

  3. #3 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkivar View Post
    how's this...

    lol beat me to it but heres my try

    let me know if it needs any tweaks
    Porsche 991 GT3
    & Nardo Grey & Copper
    HRE P101-IPE Catless Exhaust- Teachart Steering Wheel-4.0 Livery Stripes- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package
    Reply With Quote  

  4. #4 Default  
    Thanks Guys! Amazing Job, and fast too! -

    New Business Cards Are Just About Ready:



    DPCARDF1 by drivenperfection, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote  

  5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex @ DRIVENPERFECTION View Post
    Thanks Guys! Amazing Job, and fast too! -

    New Business Cards Are Just About Ready:



    DPCARDF1 by drivenperfection, on Flickr
    just a heads up...that address is gonna print like crap...also put all your info in one spot...last its pretty much the same to print business cards double sided, Id say keep the black black with the logo etc and put the ferrari on the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO
    Reply With Quote  

  6. #6 Default  
    Back Design:


    DPCARDB1 by drivenperfection, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote  

  7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Graffix View Post
    just a heads up...that address is gonna print like crap...also put all your info in one spot...last its pretty much the same to print business cards double sided, Id say keep the black black with the logo etc and put the ferrari on the other side
    Thanks Graffix - I thought about the address blending in too much.

    Back will be used as appointment reminder. Ill get proofs before we go to print...
    Reply With Quote  

  8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex @ DRIVENPERFECTION View Post
    Thanks Graffix - I thought about the address blending in too much.

    Back will be used as appointment reminder. Ill get proofs before we go to print...
    have you thought about not having the ferrari and just using the logo on the front? I have an idea...gimme a second and i'll PM you
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO
    Reply With Quote  

  9. #9 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    21,560
    See I like the car. It shows the caliber of what he does there. Not to mention it's now in all of his advertising
    Reply With Quote  

  10. #10 Default  
    yup, I like the car too. slightly transparent dark grey bar under the address would fix the problem, and let the car stay as is.
    Reply With Quote  

  11. #11 Default  
    Here are just 4 quick ideas...obviously they are not clean cut since I just threw them together. But remember, dont try and do too much on a business card and make the info stand out.







    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO
    Reply With Quote  

  12. #12 Default  


    text background fixed somewhat (not clean at all, but you get the idea)
    Reply With Quote  

  13. #13 Default  
    a business card is for informational purposes first and foremost. But it also serves as advertising.

    Maybe I grab the card and put it up on the my bulletin board, now every time that I walk past and see a ferrari staring at me I'll notice it, and think of DP. Same with any guests that come in. Just a plain black and white card wont get nearly the attention that a card with a ferrari (or at the very least bright colors/interesting design) on it will.

    When designing a card think first of how well it will do its primary job (giving out your information), but then try to think of how well it will continue to work for you after that primary objective is complete.

    I think Alex's first design is a solid one, just needs a tweak to the address to make it a little more legible.
    Reply With Quote  

  14. #14 Default  
    I think Alex's design is fine. A few things that slightly bother me are how it looks like the Ferrari is hitting your name, the greenish yellow reflection on the hood, and the address as mentioned. I may do something between the original design and graffix's 4th design by moving address into bottom black bar. I'll try to whip something up real quick.
    Reply With Quote  

  15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by ensigma View Post
    I think Alex's design is fine. A few things that slightly bother me are how it looks like the Ferrari is hitting your name, the greenish yellow reflection on the hood, and the address as mentioned. I may do something between the original design and graffix's 4th design by moving address into bottom black bar. I'll try to whip something up real quick.
    your name over lapping with the front bumper of the car slightly bothers me as well. But otherwise I think it looks good.
    Oh Yeah!
    Reply With Quote  

  16. #16 Default  
    here we go



    Not sure what font you were using so I used one that was somewhat similar...
    Last edited by ensigma; 06-20-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote  

  17. #17 Default  
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maine aka Canada Jr.
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by ensigma View Post
    here we go



    Not sure what font that was that you were using...
    I like this better... although I personally wouldn't align the text using the center... i'd left align the left column and right align the right column...

    '08 Audi A5 S-line... 3.2L of ozone depleting goodness.
    Reply With Quote  

  18. #18 Default  
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    471
    All good advice here, but you can also keep it really simple with your original design and just bump your address down to the lower black space (and nudge the other text down a bit too).
    Joe

    Estoril F30 335i ZMP
    Reply With Quote  

  19. #19 Default  
    Sincere Thanks To Everyone For Your Help & Suggestions.

    After Much Thought, I Went With A Different Design. The Spider.

    My Client Has One On Order So I Thought I Would Get Ahead Of The Curve.

    Here Is The Final Card - Will Also Have Rounded Corners....



    DPCARDF3 by drivenperfection, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote  

  20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by teambalthazar View Post
    now every time that I walk past and see a ferrari staring at me I'll notice it, and think of DP.
    I'm so immature
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll
    Reply With Quote  

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Photoshop help? would be grateful...
    By Mickfluff in forum Photography & Videography
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •