Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: What do you have for lunch?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default What do you have for lunch? 
    What do you guys typically do for lunch? I went through a phase where I go out to have lunch everyday, after a while it got a bit expensive and wasnt really excited about having the same 3 restaurants over and over again. I dont have time to cook every night, so left overs isnt really an option. When I do try to cook, the only way to make it efficient is if i do like 3-4 meals together which gets quite boring by after the first two meals. Seeing as how my cooking skill is limited, the same stuff gets repeated often which makes it worst. Same story with deli meat/sandwiches. Now im on a routine where I typically just microwave frozen meals, which isnt bad but my guess is that its not the most healthy for me.

So this brings me to this question. What do you guys typically do for lunch? how often do you eat out? What kind of stuff do you typically do make for lunch?
    Oh Yeah!

2. #2 Default  
    If it's one of the days that I'm at my internship, I'll usually just work until I get off and then grab a slice/burrito/burger or something on my way home. Days off I'll either go out and grab something, make a sandwich, skip lunch entirely and wait for dinner(usually what I wind up doing, I'll be hungry at like 10am but if I don't eat breakfast I forget about food til dinner typically), or eat leftovers. With leftovers, I/we usually try to make enough food to have lunch+dinner the next day(or more) taken care of.

My preferred lunch is usually either a simple sandwich(too lazy to cut onions and tomatoes and shit), or if we have them, leftovers. For leftovers, the best kind(imo) are hearty soups-I prefer my chili and my GFs lentil soup(I can make it too, but hers is better).

3. #3 Default  
    I eat the exact same thing for lunch every day and have for years. Turkey sandwich (just turkey and provolone), apple, bag of sun chips, and 20oz of pepsi. Buy the sun chips and soda at work bring the rest from home. And yup it sux.
    Father of Phiff

4. #4 Default  
    Turkey/chicken and american cheese 3 days a week.

I usually take a client to lunch once a week and find a hot dog stand the otherday

5. #5 Default  
    I go out for lunch every day. A fresh made meal helps me forget how shitty my job is for a half hour. I also have about 10 places to get food nearby so it doesn't get too boring. It's expensive and unhealthy though.
    I'll get sushi from Market Basket sometimes which is surprisingly good and they have a sushi chef there making it every day
    Subs and sandwiches from like 5 places around, I'm partial to tuna
    Also there's a Chipotle down the street so sometimes I'll get a burrito.

6. #6 Default  
    Subway foot long subs when I don't bring food from home, get snacks at work for 50 cents. On the weekends at my other job I go to the food court for Thai food.

2005 Civic EX Coupe SE (AT) - 21mm RSX rear sway Bar, Bilstein struts/shocks, Neuspeed Strut Bar, AEM SRI, Eibach Springs, Crower Stage 1 cam, bomerman19's BBK (Black), SS brake lines, Ingalls camber kit (F+R), OEM Fogs w/switch, EP3 Rear Discs (Black), EBC Red brake Pads (F+R)

1997 Accord EX (MT) - 227k+

XBL: burnout3amd
    PSN: burnout3amd

Trade your games and movies on Goozex

7. #7 Default  
    catered free lunch everyday.. pasta, pizza, calzones, sandwiches, burgers, wings, salads, etc,... I try to sample something different everyday..

but now working from home it's been Progresso Chickarina Soup with a half dozen Tyson Chicken Fries for the past week..

8. #8 Default  
    local bordello usually. Kind of shy away, now after a brunette handed me utensils...

Seriously, 88 is across the street, but I try not to go too often. I usually try to hit the supermarket and eat better than fast food. but subway, mcd's, bk is too easy.

Liking the burrito idea...any suggestions in the area?

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW0330 View Post
    local bordello usually. Kind of shy away, now after a brunette handed me utensils...

Seriously, 88 is across the street, but I try not to go too often. I usually try to hit the supermarket and eat better than fast food. but subway, mcd's, bk is too easy.

Liking the burrito idea...any suggestions in the area?
    Anna's on Harvard Ave.

10. #10 Default  
    thanks, Mike. On my way.

11. #11 Default  
    thanks, Mike. On my way.
    NO!
    Go to Dorado Tacos+Cemitas. Their food is worlds better than Anna's.

Edit: they don't serve burritos, but it's still better than Anna's.

12. #12 Default  
    turkey and cheese sandwich x2 for this week

next week will prolly be hot pockets

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    NO!
    Go to Dorado Tacos+Cemitas. Their food is worlds better than Anna's.

Edit: they don't serve burritos, but it's still better than Anna's.
    where dat? lemme know quick...getting hungry...

14. #14 Default  
    where dat? lemme know quick...getting hungry...
    One block down from Anna's on Harvard. 401 Harvard St. I can walk there in ~15min if you wanna grab lunch.

15. #15 Default  
    go out and get a mediocre lunch. I like to get out of the office even if it's just for a short time.

16. #16 Default  
    i bring stuff from home and make my own everyday, usually ham and swiss on whole wheat bread with honey mustard, diet coke for drink

sometimes subway

17. #17 Default  
    Toasted hot dog roll in butter with Jack Daniels pulled chicken and doritos.
    Jimmy - BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC SRT8 I,II,III
    2toned Flat Black Vinyl,CarbonbyDesign,Billet Tech Designer,Razor Edge,SpeedLogix,KW v2,Predator 91 tune,22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels ,Nitto 420s,BWoody Sway ends,Hotchkis sways,Magnaflow highflow/c-back,DMH electric cutouts,22elite,BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV,Killerglass,GSM intake,Danko v2 spoiler/Chin spoiler,Grip Rockers,Neffywrap

18. #18 Default  
    Weight Watchers frozen meals pretty much... They are cheap, and there are a large variety of them... If I'm not feeling them, i'll run to subway for a tuna, or ham & turkey...

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nperkins View Post
    Weight Watchers frozen meals pretty much... They are cheap, and there are a large variety of them... If I'm not feeling them, i'll run to subway for a tuna, or ham & turkey...
    ive done those. but each package is barely enough food for a kid. I go through 2 of those a meal and still isnt all that full.
    Oh Yeah!

20. #20 Default  
    i usually only eat one or two meals a day. lunch/breakfast kinda rolls into one usually just because i get up so late every day, and i dont eat dinner rarely ever before 10pm. today i went and got a speed dog, greatest hot dog in the city.
    Bath salts and dick pills

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information