Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: R32 help/info-Graffix and PewPew

1. #1 Default R32 help/info-Graffix and PewPew 
    School me on the MKV R32, the good, the bad, the ugly. Car would be a dd, driven in winter and dsg tranny obviously. Ken if I remember your gti was a dsg (thanks isf thanh!)? What mileage should I look for/warranty, etc... My last gti was an mkii and I loved it for the first couple of years then nagging little things starting popping up and I sold it...is it worth paying 22 grand for an 08 R32 with VWs reliability? Biggest concern is the DSG, car would not really be modded and would stay mainly stock/the way I'd get it. Any help would be great, from anyone really.
    Last edited by MyEvoDream; 07-06-2011 at 10:53 PM.

2. #2 Default  
    kens was DSG

thats as far as i can help you lol

3. #3 Default  
    DSG is good, it's superior to the SMG transmission in my M3. The only glaring issue with DSG is the recall that occured on 2007, 2008, and 2009 model years. The recall was related to the Mechatronics unit (CPU) and extended the warranty of the DSG unit.

I can't speak much for what mileage to look for, warranty etc. I as I owned my GTI out of warranty.

In winter, I cannot comment as R32 is AWD. FWD GTI was crap in winter when running on all season tires, but decent with dedicated winter tires.

My opinion about spending 22 grand on an 08 R32 is that it'd be better to spend the 22 grand on an E46 M3 :D
    Last edited by KPewPew; 07-06-2011 at 11:08 PM.

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by KPewPew View Post
    My opinion about spending 22 grand on an 08 R32 is that it'd be better to spend the 22 grand on an E46 M3 :D
    this. friend of mine just got one ... its cool and all but the R32 is slower, less classy so imo its hard to make a case for it ... besides you have a AWD Evo already, go RWD!
    Oh Yeah!

5. #5 Default  
    Yea only thing is that the m3 would be higher mileage and might be too nice, especially for winter, and cheu you know the Evo doesn't really even see rain, let alone snow lol

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MyEvoDream View Post
    Yea only thing is that the m3 would be higher mileage and might be too nice, especially for winter, and cheu you know the Evo doesn't really even see rain, let alone snow lol
    get a ducati for the winter. you know it takes falls pretty well

Also, if you think spending 22k for a car might be too nice for winter, your logic is to spend 22K on a car thats less nice ... doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. I think the R32 is really cool but I can never justify the price for one.
    Oh Yeah!

7. #7 Default  
    They're nice, and the VR6 is a reliable engine by all accounts, but the car is basically a slow pig. If you want a hatchback with AWD then go for it, otherwise better can be had for the money.

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    get a ducati for the winter. you know it takes falls pretty well

Also, if you think spending 22k for a car might be too nice for winter, your logic is to spend 22K on a car thats less nice ... doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. I think the R32 is really cool but I can never justify the price for one.
    Haha...and I guess my logic was that to me the M3 is a car that I would need to be immaculate when I drive it/own it...(to me anyways), always clayed, detailed, and so on. and in the winter always wash the undercarriage at least once a week, etc.. and the R32 is more of a true dd in my eyes, one that I could drive in the snow, throw some plants/stone/ landscaping stuff/furniture or tools etc in the hatch, I mean after all it is a VW...I didnt mean it was too nice money-wise, just overall car. I am not too worried about having a ton of power for a dd, after all most of the time it will not be doing above 65 with traffic. That's what I have the Evo for Just a thought on this car, still looking at other options as well...I am wayyy to picky about cars

9. #9 Default  
    this might come off as crazy ... but what if you get another EVO. 1 winter DD evo and one nicely kept evo.
    Oh Yeah!

10. #10 Default  
    i thought the legacy was the DD? lol

11. #11 Default  
    haha, trust me Cheu, I have been looking/highly debating another Evo. And VIII's can be found for low to mid teens!... Legacy is the DD right now, but am debating shuffling some things around lately.

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MyEvoDream View Post
    Haha...and I guess my logic was that to me the M3 is a car that I would need to be immaculate when I drive it/own it...(to me anyways), always clayed, detailed, and so on. and in the winter always wash the undercarriage at least once a week, etc.. and the R32 is more of a true dd in my eyes, one that I could drive in the snow, throw some plants/stone/ landscaping stuff/furniture or tools etc in the hatch, I mean after all it is a VW...I didnt mean it was too nice money-wise, just overall car. I am not too worried about having a ton of power for a dd, after all most of the time it will not be doing above 65 with traffic. That's what I have the Evo for Just a thought on this car, still looking at other options as well...I am wayyy to picky about cars
    Haha the M3 is nice but not an exotic car, not too special.

13. #13 Default  
    http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/2477349432.html

my roommate was about to get this but bailed. the guy says he did both recalls.

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by js11 View Post
    http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/2477349432.html

my roommate was about to get this but bailed. the guy says he did both recalls.
    Price seems low on that....

15. #15 Default  
    r32 is a waste of money.

Get another subie....

Thread Information