Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: What to do in NYC?

1. #1 Default What to do in NYC? 
    Going to NYC this weekend. Any recommended bars, restaurants, landmarks worth seeing that are not often included in travels guide? Tips and advices? Staying over near financial district around manhattan. I've been to NYC few times but never for more than a day.

Thanks.

2. #2 Default  
    If you want to eat somewhere with history, go to Fraunces Tavern. It's a restaurant/bar/revolutionary war museum. I've only been once, and it was in 2002, but they had some killer pot roast. Can't speak for the quality of it now though, I haven't been to NYC in almost a decade.
    http://www.frauncestavern.com/

3. #3 Default  
    LOVE the gotham bar and grill...might be tough getting a seat though not sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO

4. #4 Default  
    Rafal I got you. Food/Bar/Lounge/Club I have good suggestions

As a side note, If you want to bear the guido crowd Junior Sanchez is at Pacha on Friday and I sort of want to go...free before midnight too

5. #5 Default  
    There's actually a couple things I've wanted to do

Staten Island ferry is free and goes right next to statue of liberty and boat is basically byo...pregame cruise?

St. Marks Pl (then you can spin the cube in astor place)

more...

6. #6 Default  
    Oh man, I could write a book...

Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are big spots... It will make you appreciate how easy it actually is to move to this country now and what others before you had to go through.
    Empire State Building... sky deck
    central park... walk through or take a horse and buggy ride
    Walk around Time Square at night
    Rockefeller center
    St. Michaels Cathedral
    tour of the UN
    ...Thats a lot for only a weekend, oh yeah and Pacha

Food... Im not sure what your dietary needs are but I'll list some places I have had great luck with
    -Chicken and Rice Cart on 53rd and 6th was rated the 2nd best quick serve place in the country by food network.
    -Tony Dinapoli's in Time Square
    - Wolfgang's on Madison Ave

7. #7 Default  
    Don't take a horse and buggy ride. Just saying.

If you want pizza or in the mood for it go to Lombardi's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    jketch happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jketch View Post
    He was so I just kept at it. When he was reaching the breaking point I hammered it harder for about 90 seconds then let off and left.
    PFFFFFFFFFT

8. #8 Default  
    I like petes list. I'd skip the buggy ride and walk the park. You could always murder a hooker in your down time.
    Father of Phiff

9. #9 Default  
    If you want advice on what to do in Fairfield County, CT, I'm your guy
    Unfortunately, I've only been to the city a handful of times even though I've lived around 30 minutes outside for my entire life.

10. #10 Default  
    I loved Grand Central Station/Terminal, its worth seeing if you like architecture (imo)

11. #11 Default  
    Thanks guys. I have to map it all out and see which places we can fit in our schedule.

Any clubs worth mentioning, other than Pacha? Bars?

12. #12 Default  
    chicken and rice that pete mentioned
    shake shack
    cippriani italian restaurant
    soho area
    lounge at the hudson hotel
    Porsche 991 GT3
    Green/ Black Iridescent
    HRE P101-IPE Catless Exhaust- Techart Steering Wheel-991R/ Classic Livery- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package

13. #13 Default  
    NYC is huge.. If you are staying for a couple of days I would suggest a planned approach to seeing the city..

1st day, stay downtown.. The Financial District is downtown, at the very bottom tip of Manhattan. Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho, Canal Street, West Village, ferry to ellis island and statue of liberty is all around there.. WTC memorial site is right in the financial district..The Doughnut Factory is downtown as well and I always stop there to get a couple of their doughnuts. There's nothing like them anywhere. I know you are not a big fan of red meat fan if you want some good chinese food, Joe's Shanghai is not to be missed for their dumplings.. Huge lines and soup nazi type service though... Little Italy is like wall-to-wall restaurants and tiny sidewalk cafes.

2nd day go up further to midtown.. 42nd street or so is Times Square, MTV, ESPN, attractions and tourist heaven lol.. also around there is Trump towers (up a few blocks) and a lot of upscale shopping.. Empire State building is up a few blocks and Korea town is there too--great Korean food if you're into that stuff.. I think Bobby Flay's restaurant Mesa Grill is midtown?.. I've always wanted to check that place out.

3rd day uptown.. Guggenheim, Central park and those things are uptown. The Guggenheim is nice and I think there are a bunch of museums there..

14. #14 Default  
    My warning: do not go to Circle nightclub even if 'because azn gurls'

15. #15 Default  
    if you want to go to a chill place, there is the roof top bar/club i was telling you about. Its accross from the Empire State Building and in the middle of koreatown if i remember. There is also this boat thing i was at on the west side i think. If either of those interest you text me and I will find out the details for you as I dont remember the names of the place.
    Oh Yeah!

16. #16 Default  
    In the finance district, hit up the roof top pool bar of Hotel Gansevoort

17. #17 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscreetYuppie View Post
    In the finance district, hit up the roof top pool bar of Hotel Gansevoort
    They recommended this to me via L4P. I'll check it out.

Cheu, I'll be bothering you in a bit.

Hopefully leaving in 12 hours.

18. #18 Default  
    hookers and blow
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    They recommended this to me via L4P. I'll check it out.

Cheu, I'll be bothering you in a bit.

Hopefully leaving in 12 hours.
    lol sorry i was sleeping. when how long are you staying there for?
    Oh Yeah!

20. #20 Default  
    bump

going back for labor day weekend. hopefully I can use some of those advices and recommendations above this time.

Awesome weekend two weeks ago. Living in NYC is definitely fun, although traffic is definitely pain.

On Saturday morning went to the Essex Restaurant Brunch. $22 got me 3 drinks and an awesome breakfast. Such a great hangover cure!

Then we went to Soho. Stopped by for some Mexican Corn and shopped around a bit. Met up with Jewstin, what a small world. lol.

Went for food to Polonia Eatery ( i was craving for some polish food and beer), had a trout with fries and some awesome beer (tyskie). Later went to the Fatty Crab for more food thanks to Jimmy.

At night went to Pacha. Got on a guestlist and showed up before midnight to avoid cover ($40), inside Ceballos was spinning and I must say I wasn't too impressed. Good crowd and not as many guidos/douchebags as I expected. We brought our girls so we didn't care anyway.

On Sunday went to Times Square. Then for dinner stopped at Thai-French restaurant. Got a $120 parking ticket in a meantime (apparently you have to park 7 feet away from a hydrant, not 3-4ft). Around 4pm decided to go to Metropolitan Museum of Art for some edumucating.

In the end went to Korea Town, or more like Jimmy and his gf did, while me and gf went to eat some more normal food lol. Left to Boston around 5pm. Fun time.

Thread Information