Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: The national debt debate..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default The national debt debate.. 
    Well, we are t-minus 4 days to becoming a deadbeat country (that's the American way right?)

It's apparent that everyone can't get together and vote on this.

They've seen this coming for years, why are they waiting to the last minute? Why wasn't thier a stop gap?

Well all the liberal leftist moonbat programs surely have not helped.

I'm disgusted with be leadership of this country.

2. #2 Default  
    That makes 2 of us. I'm having a hard time digesting the fact that it's all political posing. This happens a LOT. NOW they make a big deal of it??? wtf. No good can come of this.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Well, we are t-minus 4 days to becoming a deadbeat country (that's the American way right?)

It's apparent that everyone can't get together and vote on this.

They've seen this coming for years, why are they waiting to the last minute? Why wasn't thier a stop gap?

I'm disgusted with be leadership of this country.
    Liberal leftist moonbat programs?

I hadn't realized the wall street welfare checks and the arabian crusade were liberal programs.

Also, this is all posturing. We'll pass the same crap that we always do because there's no difference between any of the scumbags in DC. Every single senator and Congressman holding out for his little bundle of money in whatever bill will pass will get his money - or his corporate sponsors will get whatever legislation they're looking for through. As soon as all the palms are greased, they'll miraculously find an agreement.

-Justin
    Last edited by Justin.b; 07-29-2011 at 11:27 AM.

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...11/07/deficits

Food for thought!

5. #5 Default  
    I like the idea of adding coinage. So you can't issue paper money without backing it but the same does not apply for coins. So the US mint produces 2 platinum 1 trillion dollar coins deposits them and then starts writing checks against them.
    Father of Phiff

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I like the idea of adding coinage. So you can't issue paper money without backing it but the same does not apply for coins. So the US mint produces 2 platinum 1 trillion dollar coins deposits them and then starts writing checks against them.
    problem fucking solved ! email bollock obama and tell him the plan, make sure to charge him commission

7. #7 Default  
    Well, they added 2 wars, a tax break, the TSA, Dept of Homeland Security, bailed out a couple financial institutes and automotive makers and then extended the tax break all while not doing anything to increase revenue or cut elsewhere to make up for that. In Obamas defense the programs he pushed for (make America work act, health care off the top of my head) at least were directed towards helping the working class/infrastructure.

They're simply going to have to end the tax cuts, which will give us that $4 trillion+ we need alone, or at least close tax loopholes for corporations/super rich. I'm sorry, but any cuts to be made should come from the top first and the things the working class depend upon should be off the table until so. I don't see how the Republicans/Tea Party can say closing tax loopholes (like offshore tax havens) and ending the Bush tax cuts (that never created the jobs they were supposed to, despite companies/CEO's recording big profits) are not an option. Yet cutting medicare, social security, veterans benefits and other working class areas is free game. How can anyone making less than $1mil a year be a Republican? They are gutting things YOU benefit from.

The Democrats presented a bill to the GOP that was 99% what they wanted. Deep cuts to social program, no tax increases (even tho they aren't really) and a few other things Dems strongly opposed. But the GOP shot it down because it would take place over the next 10 years and they wanted it to be revisited in 6mo, during an election year.

It's pretty obvious the GOP/Tea Party is holding the economy hostage with incredibly unreasonable demands. They're literally saying bi-partisan support is our way 100% or nothing. I see no compromise being done on the GOP side.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Vote Jeff in 2012!

9. #9 Default  
    close the tax loopholes, flat tax for everyone. wanna be a country of equals it starts when we all pay the same %. end of thread.
    Bath salts and dick pills

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    No healthcare bill anywhere on there and sourced from the white house. No bias here.

11. #11 Default  
    Politicians are all dumb or they act dumb. One side wants to tax the hell out of us and not cut anything out of the budget, and the other side say they want to cut spending but, the bill cuts barley nothing at all. They are cutting 1 trillion dollars but next years budget still increases 7% over this year.

I say we perpare for a 3rd world country.

Even if we cut 1 trillion over 10 years were still adding 7% to the budget year over year.

Oh and the Democrats controlled the House, Senate, and White house until last years election if they thought this was such a big problem they could've dealt with it when they controlled the whole government. They knew this date was coming.
    05 CTS-V LS6

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by hnic91 View Post
    Politicians are all dumb or they act dumb. One side wants to tax the hell out of us and not cut anything out of the budget, and the other side say they want to cut spending but, the bill cuts barley nothing at all. They are cutting 1 trillion dollars but next years budget still increases 7% over this year.

I say we perpare for a 3rd world country.

Even if we cut 1 trillion over 10 years were still adding 7% to the budget year over year.

Oh and the Democrats controlled the House, Senate, and White house until last years election if they thought this was such a big problem they could've dealt with it when they controlled the whole government. They knew this date was coming.
    Agree. Whenever they talk about a "cut" they never really mean cut they just mean they are going to increase it by a lower percentage than it was previously increased.

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    close the tax loopholes, flat tax for everyone. wanna be a country of equals it starts when we all pay the same %. end of thread.
    if they do flat tax, and try to get the same amount of tax revenue, the working class/middle class will be fucked lol.
    Oh Yeah!

14. #14 Default  
    Both parties have never had an issue with just raising it when needed. And the Republicans controlled both houses for the past 6 years before the Democrats had it for 4 until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    if they do flat tax, and try to get the same amount of tax revenue, the working class/middle class will be fucked lol.
    Only if our wages stayed stagnent and low like they have the past 10 years.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by LastMercury View Post
    They're simply going to have to end the tax cuts, which will give us that $4 trillion+ we need alone, or at least close tax loopholes for corporations/super rich. I'm sorry, but any cuts to be made should come from the top first and the things the working class depend upon should be off the table until so. I don't see how the Republicans/Tea Party can say closing tax loopholes (like offshore tax havens) and ending the Bush tax cuts (that never created the jobs they were supposed to, despite companies/CEO's recording big profits) are not an option. Yet cutting medicare, social security, veterans benefits and other working class areas is free game. How can anyone making less than $1mil a year be a Republican? They are gutting things YOU benefit from.
    Everybody think let's tax the rich is a good idea. 1st Let's not bite the hand that feeds us. The rich can stop working meaning no more income and they pay no more taxes. Or they can stop ventrue capitalism and creating companies which means no more jobs. And I'm sorry things in this country aren't fair. A flat tax would be fair. There are many people that don't work and still get tax refunds, how does that work? A refund means you paid money in. Plus how many Aunt Zatonis (Obama's Aunt) are there that are here from another country living on our dime. Let's stop going after the people that actually create jobs.
    05 CTS-V LS6

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    No healthcare bill anywhere on there and sourced from the white house. No bias here.
    I like how its education and economic changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO

17. #17 Default  
    Everybody think let's tax the rich is a good idea. 1st Let's not bite the hand that feeds us. The rich can stop working meaning no more income and they pay no more taxes. Or they can stop ventrue capitalism and creating companies which means no more jobs. And I'm sorry things in this country aren't fair. A flat tax would be fair. There are many people that don't work and still get tax refunds, how does that work? A refund means you paid money in. Plus how many Aunt Zatonis (Obama's Aunt) are there that are here from another country living on our dime. Let's stop going after the people that actually create jobs.

That's just not true. Demand creates jobs. And what creates demand? Regular people having money to spend and put back into the economy. The bottom 99% spend a lot more than the top 1% every year.

GE paid no taxes in 2010. They did not increase their number of workers at all. Who pocketed all that money? The asshole CEOs and upper execs.
    They pulled in $12B in profits last year and didn't hire a single worker. And who gave them all that money? The little guy.

Greed is what is causing this entire mess in the first place, with Bush in office just to get him and his friends even richer and saying fuck it, let the guy after me clean it up.
    Last edited by bigpoppa822; 07-29-2011 at 01:15 PM.

18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by LastMercury View Post
    Only if our wages stayed stagnent and low like they have the past 10 years.
    I firmly believe people are getting paid what they deserve. Its a free market system where supply and demand dictates how much people get paid give or take. I am fortunite to be an engineer and I am getting paid more than people who might "work harder" than I am. But that doesnt matter because its about the value of the work. And someday if there are an overwhelming amount of engineers available, perhaps hard labor is in shortage, they will get paid a lot more then they do today.

Similarly a CEO or someone in upper management might not work as hard, depending on what you defination of working hard is. But his work is more valueable then those who is climbing the corporate ladder. So he gets paid more. Thats the rules of the game when it comes to a capitalistic society. There is no reason why the guy working at McDonalds now should get paid more then what hes getting now. Do I feel bad that hes getting min wage and can barely support his life? of course, I am a human and I feel bad for other less fortunite individuals. That doesnt mean I think his position should get paid more though because that would ruins the whole system.
    Oh Yeah!

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    That's just not true. Demand creates jobs. And what creates demand? Regular people having money to spend and put back into the economy. The bottom 99% spend a lot more than the top 1% every year.

GE paid no taxes in 2010. They did not increase their number of workers at all. Who pocketed all that money? The asshole CEOs and upper execs. Greed is what is causing this entire mess in the first place, with Bush in office just to get him and his friends even richer and saying fuck it, let the guy after me clean it up.
    Ha you say with Bush in office, do you know who GE gave money to this past election? Obama has tabbed at least one of GE's top executives to be on his team. There are also Bear Stearns people in Obama's executive team. True demand creates jobs but you still need people that have money to invest to create those jobs. All these tax increases are gonna be on people that make over 250k any small business makes that amount every year. So are they RICH?

Paying more taxes helps no one we need more tax payers.
    05 CTS-V LS6

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post

GE paid no taxes in 2010. They did not increase their number of workers at all. Who pocketed all that money? The asshole CEOs and upper execs.
    They pulled in $12B in profits last year and didn't hire a single worker. And who gave them all that money? The little guy.

Greed is what is causing this entire mess in the first place, with Bush in office just to get him and his friends even richer and saying fuck it, let the guy after me clean it up.
    Tom while I dont disagree with you entirely, Let me point out 2 things.

1) Consumer Debt is a problem, I dont think anyone would disagree there. So I dont think the bottom 99% isnt spending money.
    2) Sure lets just say the top 1% has a larger share of the money then they had before, where does the money go? Unless your answer is millions of dollars under a pillow, that means they are either spending, saving at a bank or investing. All of which has a positive effect on the economy as well.
    Oh Yeah!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information