Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Post your motorcycle

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default Post your motorcycle 
    We're all cars guys here but I know some of you ride

I started this hobby about 2 months ago after putting it off for 6 years due to lack of self control (with the throttle)

Anyways I have a 2004 RVT1000R Nicky Hayden Limited Edition. A couple mods. Bike's awesome as is - incredible to drive. Highly sought after cult following bike. I need to stay away from speedzilla.org so I don't spend anymore money.

Post up what you got!

Bren Tuning - Unlimited Tuning Solutions
    Phone: 508.762.1769
    Web: www.brentuning.com
    Email: sales@brentuning.com

2. #2 Default  
    Hubby's Triumph Speed Triple with altspace's RX-8:

Krysy
    2011 Mars Red Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 6MT

3. #3 Default Hey I made the jump 
    So I am not gonna lie I just like the yuppieracing stickers that most of my friends had so I wanted to join the cool kids. so here I am I will post some pictures soon. Many of you know i was at autocross sunday and took some cool shots of your cars! so I will toss those up too

Cars: 2008 BMW E92 335XI, 2009 John Works edition MINI, 1991 E30 318is (pending engine swap)
    Motorcycle: Ducati 900SS

4. #4 Default  
    Beautiful Bikes! - Here are a few of my Clients Bikes:

Driven Perfection: Motorcycles

5. #5 Default  
    taylor bike is crazy, only other type of bike id consider purchasing.

but i have a thing for a v twin

Bren Tuning - Unlimited Tuning Solutions
    Phone: 508.762.1769
    Web: www.brentuning.com
    Email: sales@brentuning.com

6. #6 Default  
    as i sold both my R1 and gixxer last year, i only have a few of these left:

(not me btw, but taken on 5/31):

and me on my wife's gixxer, that became my gixxer, that i got tired of in a month and sold.

now i got no street ride, except a scooter, which has no gas in it.

7. #7 Default  
    I'll be getting my first bike pretty soon. I'm currently looking into an 09 Ninja 500.

I have some people telling me to just get a 250 to practice on. One guy I know spazzes out when he hears I want a 900cc Thruxton as my first bike. From others I get the impression it's not a big deal.

Thoughts?

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by esim View Post
    I'll be getting my first bike pretty soon. I'm currently looking into an 09 Ninja 500.

I have some people telling me to just get a 250 to practice on. One guy I know spazzes out when he hears I want a 900cc Thruxton as my first bike. From others I get the impression it's not a big deal.

Thoughts?
    the Ninja 500 is a great one to start on. Its pretty quick, but not mind blowingly fast. But even if you get a bigger bike its not that big of a deal ... its about driver self control. where as getting a 500, you essentially dont have to worry about the rear kicking out ever.

shameless plug ... I am looking to sell my 2007 Ninja 650R if you are intersted. One owner ... PM me if you are interested so we dont clutter up thread?
    Oh Yeah!

9. #9 Default  
    I love the thruxton, and want one at some point. I don't think it would be that bad to start on, just be responsible.

don't start on a 250. i finally rode one recently, and well, lets say it would get old in about a week. a 500 or 600 is a great place to start.

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    the Ninja 500 is a great one to start on. Its pretty quick, but not mind blowingly fast. But even if you get a bigger bike its not that big of a deal ... its about driver self control. where as getting a 500, you essentially dont have to worry about the rear kicking out ever.

shameless plug ... I am looking to sell my 2007 Ninja 650R if you are intersted. One owner ... PM me if you are interested so we dont clutter up thread?
    I must be surrounded by some pretty over-cautious people. I guess different people have a different sense of how much risk they want to mitigate.
    I'm trying to keep it with a dealer for my first bike. But thanks for the offer.

But why are you selling it? Upgrading to a newer bike, or has the M3 taken over?

11. #11 Default  
    I must be surrounded by some pretty over-cautious people. I guess different people have a different sense of how much risk they want to mitigate.
    I'm trying to keep it with a dealer for my first bike. But thanks for the offer.

But why are you selling it? Upgrading to a newer bike, or has the M3 taken over?
    it rides way too comfortably lol. I need something more aggressive, more power. I got it as a first bike, and pretty much regretted it because I wish i got a CBR 600RR instead after a week ... and that was 3 years ago.
    Oh Yeah!

12. #12 Default  
    My old 916 (2nd pic taken by the infamous Mike Lee)

my old sv650

Me in the 2nd half of the vid

And picking up a new 848 evo real soon (i hope)

13. #13 Default  
    I have some people telling me to just get a 250 to practice on.
    Thoughts?
    You'll get b0r3d of a 250cc after 2 weeks.
    You'll get b0r3d of a 500cc after 2 months.
    You'll get b0r3d of a 650cc after 6 months (maybe).

If you want to be on a sport bike then start with a sport bike. I tell this to a lot of people because the 250cc and the 500cc bikes are a much different ride then the 600cc, 750cc GSXR, and 1000cc+ bikes. I started with a bike similar to the 500 and once I switched to the R6 it was a whole new game; handling, power, etc. I felt like I was learning to ride all over again.

Start with a used Honda CBR 600 or Suzuki GSXR 600 that is less then 5 years old with under 10k miles. I personally love Yamahas but the front end is light and can be dangerous for beginners - accelerating out of a turn with a light front end is asking for trouble. Kawasakis are torque monsters which can be trouble as well.
    You will drop your first bike. Even if its just sitting in your garage or you're going 10 mph. After two summers of riding, look into something newer. You can stick with 600cc because the newer the bike is the more power it will have and in some cases the lighter it will be.
    I was riding for 5 years before I went to a 1000cc bike.

Its not so much about the power of the bike or the throttle control of the rider. It is how you respond when things go wrong. An experienced rider doesn't just know what to do when things get ugly, they react correctly instead of panicking.

Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    I need something more aggressive, more power. I got it as a first bike, and pretty much regretted it because I wish i got a CBR 600RR instead after a week ... and that was 3 years ago.
    I'm selling my Yamaha R1 if you want to take a look at it; I started it up for the first this year time last weekend.
    I'll be getting something newer eventually but for now I want to put the money towards other things.

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBoyBlue View Post
    I'm selling my Yamaha R1 if you want to take a look at it; I started it up for the first this year time last weekend.
    I'll be getting something newer eventually but for now I want to put the money towards other things.
    Dont think I will buy a bike until I sell mine ... and I dont really have a whole lot of time to sell so in reality I wont be buying a bike anytime soon.
    Oh Yeah!

15. #15 Default  
    Just to share pictures. I'm a sucker for old bikes.

1976 Yamaha XS500 (rebuild/restore still in progress. Wiring harness blew up last fall, need to make a new one)

My XS with a buddy's KZ400 (for sale), and the spare/second project XS500

better one of the KZ

16. #16 Default  
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 chevy suburban bagged and body dropped
    1997 old bravada
    1967 volvo 122s wagon
    2001 chevy blazer 4 door
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    1989 yamaha warrior 350-gone
    2002 bagged blazer-gone
    1993 chevy 3500 quad cab diesel dually bagged on 22.5 alcoas-gone
    1996 chevy blazer-gone

17. #17 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

18. #18 Default  
    My street/trackday whore

2004 r6:

I'm going to miss this commute to class:

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Duey View Post
    4 looks like the bowl exit and 5 looks like t2?
    ive lowsided in the bowl a few times. feels like an expensive sleigh ride. highly recommended

have i met you at TPM days at Pocono or NJMP or VIR?

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogarbage View Post
    4 looks like the bowl exit and 5 looks like t2?
    ive lowsided in the bowl a few times. feels like an expensive sleigh ride. highly recommended

have i met you at TPM days at Pocono or NJMP or VIR?
    Yep good eye! Pics were taken by Owen photography during Tony's Track Days.

And yeah I've lowslided in the bowl, and highsided 5 a few times myself lol

I've done a few NJMP and 1 day at VIR. I ran the sv exclusively from 05-08 then started using the 848 more often in 08-09. Duc only had one season of track usage until it was stolen

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information