Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: BOA to start charging for debit card use

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Default BOA to start charging for debit card use 

2. #2 Default  
    Learn to chat thread! I posted WSJ thing on that yesterday, it's some bull. I set up my account with BofA because Wells Fargo doesn't have branches in mass and I didn't want to pay ATM fees. I'm seriously considering joining a credit union now, even though I won't have the same degree of access.

3. #3 Default  
    And on top of that, online banking is down right now... Yeah... I think it may be time to switch to my credit union...

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nperkins View Post
    And on top of that, online banking is down right now... Yeah... I think it may be time to switch to my credit union...
    what do you mean by down?
    Oh Yeah!

5. #5 Default  

6. #6 Default  
    also I will give someone $5 if they will going into a bank and scream "It's my money and I want it now!"
    Oh Yeah!

7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    Learn to chat thread! I posted WSJ thing on that yesterday, it's some bull. I set up my account with BofA because Wells Fargo doesn't have branches in mass and I didn't want to pay ATM fees. I'm seriously considering joining a credit union now, even though I won't have the same degree of access.
    Sorry i dont spend every waking moment of my life in the chat thread. And im pretty sure something like this should be in its own thread, not the chat thread

8. #8 Default  
    not everyone reads the chat thread, if its an important subject start a thread for it

Quote Originally Posted by streetxdreamer View Post
    Sorry i dont spend every waking moment of my life in the chat thread. And im pretty sure something like this should be in its own thread, not the chat thread
    correct, nothing wrong with this having its own thread at all

9. #9 Default  
    Kind of figured it was an obvious joke and not a serious comment, guess not? I didn't make a thread for it because my personal reaction was mostly "oh look they're screwing us yet again!" Was glad to see this morning that politicians are calling them out on it, though.

10. #10 Default  
    does anyone use it as a debit card? I only use it to withdraw cash

shitty deal for those who do

11. #11 Default  
    Kind of figured it was an obvious joke and not a serious comment, guess not? I didn't make a thread for it because my personal reaction was mostly "oh look they're screwing us yet again!" Was glad to see this morning that politicians are calling them out on it, though.
    didnt look like a joke at all, just looked like you were criticizing street for starting a thread about something you mentioned in the chat thread

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by juSTIn View Post
    does anyone use it as a debit card? I only use it to withdraw cash

shitty deal for those who do
    i've never used one, i use a cc so i get points

13. #13 Default  
    My bad then, I thought the exclamation point and "learn to" gave it away.

14. #14 Default  
    My bad then, I thought the exclamation point and "learn to" gave it away.
    smiley would have given it away, learn to and ! just made it seem like you were being rude, not everyone knows your sense of humor

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    i've never used one, i use a cc so i get points
    I do too. I don't understand the point of a debit card unless you're worried about overspending?

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    smiley would have given it away, learn to and ! just made it seem like you were being rude, not everyone knows your sense of humor
    Y U NO READ MY MIND?! I didn't use a smiley cause the smiley menu only works half the time when I'm browsing from my phone. Given that at work I use a 7-8 year old computer and do a lot of application switching, I'm on my phone a lot!

17. #17 Default  
    i agree, I'm going to have to cancel my BoA too cuz i never use debit for purchases, just to have an account to pay my bills online. i hate BoA

18. #18 Default  
    Dangerous to use your debit card. If you account gets hacked they can empty your account. You will get you money back but in most cases it will take a few days. with a credit card you dont pay the bill and open a fraud case

debit card only in cash machines - nothing else

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by mthaynes View Post
    Dangerous to use your debit card. If you account gets hacked they can empty your account. You will get you money back but in most cases it will take a few days. with a credit card you dont pay the bill and open a fraud case

debit card only for atm - nothing else
    fixed

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye

20. #20 Default  
    I got that yesterday as well, I just clicked on through and no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by streetxdreamer View Post
    Exactly, +2. Threads like this are important to have their own space to inform people.

I am really getting sick and tired of BOA and their fees. I get charged fees on my business account, $13/mo. They keep changing the terms of avoiding fees, it was if I had a checking account and savings account, no business account fees. Now, I get hit with fees all over, except for my personal checking. BOA even charges for deposit slips now, $14! I think ING (I have checking, savings, stocks with them) will end up getting all my business or a combination of ING and credit unions.
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information