Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: My C4S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Default My C4S 
    I couldn't let the great detail from DP go to waste without taking a few pic...

this is my 2003 C4S.. I'm collecting a list of things to do to it over the winter. lets see what it looks like this time next year..

Photography is another one of my major hobbies so any comment or critic is welcome.

i have to get better at exposing for the paint.. I feel its a little blown out..

2. #2 Default  
    very nice, i like the clear side markers, definiftely a good mod for a red car, maybe body color rear bumperettes would be a good mod although with the red body color the black actually looks very good

asume you already have a short shifter ?

aluminum trim rings are also a nice mod to dress up the interior, a small drop in the ride height would be nice too, makes it a little mroe aggressive imo

3. #3 Default  
    thanks!

affirmative on the short shift.
    painted bumperettes are in the basement just need to install them.. :-)

this is what I'm thinking at the moment

X73 suspension for an inch or so drop
    H&R Sways
    GT2 Spoiler (maybe painted base with CF blade? not sure yet)
    Aero front lip
    Wheels..
    I'm still thinking it through though

4. #4 Default  
    Saw your car today, its beautiful! Hope that youu can come to some more events soon!

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarab440 View Post
    thanks!

affirmative on the short shift.
    painted bumperettes are in the basement just need to install them.. :-)

this is what I'm thinking at the moment

X73 suspension for an inch or so drop
    H&R Sways
    GT2 Spoiler (maybe painted base with CF blade? not sure yet)
    Aero front lip
    Wheels..
    I'm still thinking it through though
    seriously, bumperettes can be installed in under 2 minutes if you know how, pm me if you need help pm me

bascially yes to all the above, x73 wll be the best mod of all of those and i would prolly do that first

gt2 decklid would be a close second imo

also, just painting the lip and the lower part of the side skirts makes a pretty big difference, doesnt cost that much but changes the shape of the car in a really nice way

6. #6 Default  
    Looks awesome!

Deff needs more mods though ;)

7. #7 Default  
    Saw your car at driven perfection while I was picking mine up. I really like it. I'd vote against the GT2 wing on a n/a porsche, but that's just my humble vote. everything else mentioned would be fantastic.

8. #8 Default  
    Very nice. Saw it today, and looks just as good in person as it does in the pics!!
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

9. #9 Default  
    nice pics!

10. #10 Default  
    Thanks guys!

I saw many of your rides at the show on Sunday. nice stuff it was cool to seem so many different cool cars in one spot.

@Big Pete - I hear you about the GT2 wing on a NA car. I think visually it can handle it being that both are wide body and it would look better than the GT3 wing since the GT3 is narrow body. And most of the other spoilers i see don't mesh well with the lines of the car.. I'd be the first to admit that it is a more show than go.

here is what i'm toying with for wheels this week.. Forgestar CF-5's
    Attached Images

11. #11 Default  
    wow, I normally dislike red 911s. Looks great as a C4S. How would it look with a GT2 or GT3 wing? Is a fake TT wing impossible to add? Would be nice to be a TT clone without the Turbo maintenance etc

12. #12 Default  
    Very nice.

Scott McIver
    scott@kaizentuning.com
    Kaizen Tuning LLC
    www.kaizentuning.com

2009 GTR
    2010 Evo X

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscreetYuppie View Post
    wow, I normally dislike red 911s. Looks great as a C4S. How would it look with a GT2 or GT3 wing? Is a fake TT wing impossible to add? Would be nice to be a TT clone without the Turbo maintenance etc
    The c4s is kind of already a tt clone in it's stock form... It has theturbo front bumper, and the vents on the rear bumper like the tt. Iirc, it's also wider than the normal carrera as well
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscreetYuppie View Post
    it can be done but its expensive, you need a whole new decklid

not sure what you mean by turbo maintenance, maintenance costs are bascially the same, the turbo is a very strong car compared to other p'cars, the engine is one of the strongest porsche has ever made (GT1 derived), it can take 700+ hp on stock internals

c4s is a great car, i almost bought one, def think it looks nicer without the side intakes the turbo has

15. #15 Default  
    Awesome Pics! - Loved having your car at the shop!

Hope to see you at more events soon!

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    c4s is a great car, i almost bought one, def think it looks nicer without the side intakes the turbo has
    Happy to trade! i'd prefer to have the side vents ;-)

on another note.. the pieces have started to arrive!

17. #17 Default  
    nice!

18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarab440 View Post
    Maximum sofa downforce!

19. #19 Default  
    this was a pretty productive weekend Mod-wise.. Nothing too crazy but I got to check a few things ff the todo list.

First up was a HID upgrade.. I had a low beam bulb out so I figured what the hell.. and ordered a 5K Digital HID kit off of amazon.
    it took about 45Mins to install from start to finish. I'm pretty happy with the results. Certainly better than the stock bulbs. but not as good as the
    Porsche Litronics.

Next Up was a set of Gauge cluster rings..

Before:

After:

Over all I'm on the fence about these.. I think it is better than stock, but a CF gauge surround may have been a better way to make it interesting. I used a silicone based adhisve so I can remove them later If Needed.

the last was a set of pedals from http://www.ultimatepedals.com/

Before:

After:

Close Up:

i'm very happy with these.. Its a nice product.

20. #20 Default  
    Test fitted the new wing today. It fit pretty well. the finish is rough in a couple of spots but overall a very nice peice. its a Misha GT2M spoiler. basically a GT3 Base with a GT2 blade.

I also added an aero front lip.

next week it should be off to paint. while its in I'm going to do the side and rear lower trim.

Also ordered wheels this week.. 19x8.5 front +45 and 19x11 rear +40 not too flashy but will look better than stock.

Last edited by Scarab440; 11-27-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information