Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    I like Romney. If he comes through the primary process looking anything like the Romney we had as governor, I'll vote for him.

The problem in the Republican party is that he has to go all hardcore to the right to get through the primary. Then when he changed his position the republicans he changes his position to appease hold it against hi because he flip-flopped. Add in that he was the one that enacted the BS universal health care that MA has and the fact that he's not a born-again Christian and he's got a tough fight in the primary.

-Justin
    This

2. #22 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    This
    This +2. I agree with Justin.
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

3. #23 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    I like Romney. If he comes through the primary process looking anything like the Romney we had as governor, I'll vote for him.

The problem in the Republican party is that he has to go all hardcore to the right to get through the primary. Then when he changed his position the republicans he changes his position to appease hold it against hi because he flip-flopped. Add in that he was the one that enacted the BS universal health care that MA has and the fact that he's not a born-again Christian and he's got a tough fight in the primary.

-Justin

qft.
    Bath salts and dick pills

4. #24 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post

By using the logic you just stated, if something comes from a conservative Republican source, it is not reliable either? So how do we determine what is reliable or not? Independent sources?
    yes. too much of anything (polics, religous, hell even ice cream) is dangerous. i am just as suspicious of ultra right wing conservatives and their media as i am of damn near everything Democratic.

independent sources would be best, though there is nothing truly independent really. i tend to watch bbc for news... not for any particular reason though.
    Bath salts and dick pills

5. #25 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    yes. too much of anything (polics, religous, hell even ice cream) is dangerous. i am just as suspicious of ultra right wing conservatives and their media as i am of damn near everything Democratic.

independent sources would be best, though there is nothing truly independent really. i tend to watch bbc for news... not for any particular reason though.
    definitely hard to find anything thats truly independent, but i try to even it out reading multiple sources on the same topic at least skim through them to see what different things they highlight.
    Oh Yeah!

6. #26 Default  
    did anyone watch the debate last night? Romney got Fucked in the butt.

How could any of you actually see Romney as a republican? What conservative republican would force you to have health insurance? you were all against obama care last year, Yet Obama care is modeled after Romney. Not to mention romney changes his mind every election to please the status quo
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

7. #27 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
    ...Not to mention romney changes his mind every election to please the status quo
    i dont see a problem with that. when you serve the public sometimes you do what the people want even if its against what you believe in.
    Oh Yeah!

8. #28 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    i dont see a problem with that. when you serve the public sometimes you do what the people want even if its against what you believe in.
    oh my fucking fuck, it's called values

Let's say you vote for him because he appeals to you, then changes his mind while he is in office and it is 1000% immoral to you, Thats why its important to not flip flop.
    Last edited by Mr. Wolf; 10-12-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?

9. #29 Default 2012 Presidential Election Thread 
    Since we have a thread about Christie endorsing Romney, I feel like we should open up the discussion to the entire election.

Right now, I think I'm siding with Romney.....I really like his position on the budget. I'm still undecided atm though because I really haven't had the chance to read up on many others.

I do think that Herman Cain is insane for believing that there is no such thing as racism right now.

10. #30 Default  
    did anyone watch the debate last night? Romney got Fucked in the butt.

How could any of you actually see Romney as a republican? What conservative republican would force you to have health insurance? you were all against obama care last year, Yet Obama care is modeled after Romney. Not to mention romney changes his mind every election to please the status quo
    The fact he doesn't seem like a typical Republican is why he is the only one who has a chance to beat Obama. You cannot win without getting the votes of the middle of the road democrats, Romney is the only candidate that can get them. Also I'm willing to bet Christie will be his V.P pick and that will bring the support of the conservatives. Bottom line is we need Obama out and have to get with the best option to do it. I know you like Ron Paul, but he has no chance in hell of winning the Presidency.

11. #31 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0827 View Post
    I do think that Herman Cain is insane for believing that there is no such thing as racism right now.
    as a white guy you are questioning a black guy from the deep south on his view on racism?

the thing I like about herman cain is that hes a problem solver. He doesn't care about the odds against him, all he cares about is what he can do to make the most out of what hes got. I dont think I'd prefer him over romney, but I respect him more and more from one debate to another
    Oh Yeah!

12. #32 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverR8 View Post
    The fact he doesn't seem like a typical Republican is why he is the only one who has a chance to beat Obama. You cannot win without getting the votes of the middle of the road democrats, Romney is the only candidate that can get them. Also I'm willing to bet Christie will be his V.P pick and that will bring the support of the conservatives. Bottom line is we need Obama out and have to get with the best option to do it. I know you like Ron Paul, but he has no chance in hell of winning the Presidency.
    I'm just sick of voting for the lesser of two evils, And you and everyone else in the world knows Ron Paul won't have a chance and thats because the media decides who they want the front runners to be.

Ron Paul is being ignored by the media, FACT. You can call me a fanboy but its true, literally. He is ignore by the media.

He has won Straw polls left and right. And even when he comes in first they talk about the second place winner.
    i love that scope

13. #33 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    the thing I like about herman cain is that hes a problem solver.
    ya because 9-9-9 solves everything.

let me run some numbers here...and please correct me if I make any incorrect assumptions in my math.

Say I make $100,000 a year.

I pay 9% payroll tax on that $100,000. That takes my gross income down to $91,000. I then pay a 9% income tax on that.

$100,000 x .09 = $9,000 = $100,000- $9,000 = $91,000 (9% Payroll Tax)
    $91,000 x .09 = $8,190 = $91,000 - $8,190 = $82,810 (9% Income Tax)

$100,000 - $82,810 = $17,190 in taxes for an effective tax rate of 17.2% (17.190% but I rounded up).

I'm living the American dream:
    I own a home with a mortgage, support my wife and kid and make charitable donations. I can get my effective tax rate down as low as 10% after all the deductions.

How is this good for me again?

Some other questions I have:
    Is he going to eliminate pre-tax money for 401(k) contributions?
    Is he going to eliminate pre-tax money for some insurance coverage?
    i love that scope

14. #34 Default  
    I'm just sick of voting for the lesser of two evils, And you and everyone else in the world knows Ron Paul won't have a chance and thats because the media decides who they want the front runners to be.

Ron Paul is being ignored by the media, FACT. You can call me a fanboy but its true, literally. He is ignore by the media.

He has won Straw polls left and right. And even when he comes in first they talk about the second place winner.
    I like a lot of what Paul says and stands for but have to be realistic in the fact he cannot get the votes to win. Is Romney everything I want? No, But would still be a heck of a lot better than the other evil

15. #35 Default  

This.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

16. #36 Default  

let me run some numbers here...and please correct me if I make any incorrect assumptions in my math.

I pay 9% payroll tax on that $100,000. That takes my gross income down to $91,000. I then pay a 9% income tax on that.

$100,000 - $82,810 = $17,190 in taxes for an effective tax rate of 17.2% (17.190% but I rounded up).

I own a home with a mortgage, support my wife and kid and make charitable donations. I can get my effective tax rate down as low as 10% after all the deductions.
    Don't forget the 9 percent national sales tax, That would really suck. I like buying stuff so a consumption tax would be a killer. On around $100k of income my effective Federal rate is less than 5% and want to keep it there

17. #37 Default  

How is this good for me again?

Some other questions I have:
    Is he going to eliminate pre-tax money for 401(k) contributions?
    Is he going to eliminate pre-tax money for some insurance coverage?
    i speak for his personality and his character. I dont believe the 999 thing is going to work, but then again i dont know what he has in mind to make it work. besides the lower class is going to be fucked over with the 999 thing anyways, so I dont think that would ever pass. having said that, I think hes got potential beyond the 999 thing.
    Oh Yeah!

18. #38 Default  

This. It's all about what the media tells us is a viable option. Even when a candidate like Ron Paul gets any face time in the media, it's usually as a pinata.
    2012 Triumph Street Triple R
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500
    2007 BMW 328xi

19. #39 Default  
    Lets be honest here, I think anyone would do a better job then Obama. I still think it was hard being put in the situation he was in but he definitely could have made better use of it.

20. #40 Default  
    I still think that we need to address the issue of inheritance taxing. My generation will go on record for inheriting the most amount of money ever, taking all of this money from people is not right.

Maybe I'm biased, but still....that's taking away money from the people who stimulate the economy with large amounts of spending and the ones who (usually) make the most amount of charitable contributions.

I'm a little drunk, so this may or may not make sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information