Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #41 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    as a white guy you are questioning a black guy from the deep south on his view on racism?

the thing I like about herman cain is that hes a problem solver. He doesn't care about the odds against him, all he cares about is what he can do to make the most out of what hes got. I dont think I'd prefer him over romney, but I respect him more and more from one debate to another
    Herman Cain is a problem solver, which is a good thing. A great thing, as that is what is needed. However, the 999 thing I still have questions about, the devil is always in the details....

Funny how you mentioned someone questioning a black guy on his views of racism. I fit that very same mold, and sure racism exists in many levels. While not a prevalent say in the 60's-70's it is still there and has reared it's head quite a bit from not just Whites, but Black, Latino, and other races as well. Many people get hung up on just white-black race issues, but it dives into all races. Black racists exist too, and are no better than their white counterparts. I think it is absurd for anyone to think or suggest that racism does not exist and/or criticize the equal opportunity act when they themselves benefited from it. Sure people should be hired based on skill level, but that does not happen in certain cases, let's keep it real on the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
    ya because 9-9-9 solves everything.

let me run some numbers here...and please correct me if I make any incorrect assumptions in my math.

Say I make $100,000 a year.

I pay 9% payroll tax on that $100,000. That takes my gross income down to $91,000. I then pay a 9% income tax on that.

$100,000 x .09 = $9,000 = $100,000- $9,000 = $91,000 (9% Payroll Tax)
    $91,000 x .09 = $8,190 = $91,000 - $8,190 = $82,810 (9% Income Tax)

$100,000 - $82,810 = $17,190 in taxes for an effective tax rate of 17.2% (17.190% but I rounded up).

I'm living the American dream:
    I own a home with a mortgage, support my wife and kid and make charitable donations. I can get my effective tax rate down as low as 10% after all the deductions.

How is this good for me again?

Some other questions I have:
    Is he going to eliminate pre-tax money for 401(k) contributions?
    Is he going to eliminate pre-tax money for some insurance coverage?
    Yep, glad you are crunching the numbers, gotta think things through and not just accept anybody's plan.

i speak for his personality and his character. I dont believe the 999 thing is going to work, but then again i dont know what he has in mind to make it work. besides the lower class is going to be fucked over with the 999 thing anyways, so I dont think that would ever pass. having said that, I think hes got potential beyond the 999 thing.
    I can agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Lets be honest here, I think anyone would do a better job then Obama. I still think it was hard being put in the situation he was in but he definitely could have made better use of it.
    Glad you can say that Obama (or anyone for that matter) was handed a very challenging situation. Basically, handed a burning house. Now to put out a fire, you must be strategic and have adequate fighting tools/power. You can't put out a fire with gasoline, nor without the support needed.

Do I think a better job could have been done? Sure, but we can always say that in hindsight, even Obama himself.
    Could anyone do a better job than him? I think would rephrase the statement, some could do a better job, but certainly not anyone.
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

2. #42 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Funny how you mentioned someone questioning a black guy on his views of racism. I fit that very same mold, and sure racism exists in many levels. While not a prevalent say in the 60's-70's it is still there and has reared it's head quite a bit from not just Whites, but Black, Latino, and other races as well. Many people get hung up on just white-black race issues, but it dives into all races. Black racists exist too, and are no better than their white counterparts. I think it is absurd for anyone to think or suggest that racism does not exist and/or criticize the equal opportunity act when they themselves benefited from it. Sure people should be hired based on skill level, but that does not happen in certain cases, let's keep it real on the discussion.
    i made that comment mostly as a joke. you are right about how racism still exist (so does many other forms of discrimination, sexism, age discrimination etc.) but I will still stand by what i said previously that those faults of society should be fixed at the root (maybe education?) and not by government policies to try to level out the playing field or other subsidy programs.
    Oh Yeah!

3. #43 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Do I think a better job could have been done? Sure, but we can always say that in hindsight, even Obama himself.
    Could anyone do a better job than him? I think would rephrase the statement, some could do a better job, but certainly not anyone.
    I would go so far as to say that from the choices of who to pick on election day Obama was probably the better. I was all about McCain until he picked Palin. Then I hopped on the Ron Paul wagon.

If everything that has gone down so far under Obama (stuff out of his control) happened w/McCain in office I could see him having a heart attack.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

4. #44 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by LastMercury View Post
    I would go so far as to say that from the choices of who to pick on election day Obama was probably the better. I was all about McCain until he picked Palin. Then I hopped on the Ron Paul wagon.

If everything that has gone down so far under Obama (stuff out of his control) happened w/McCain in office I could see him having a heart attack.
    what went on out of his control? him illegally sending troops to lybia? him sending trips to uganda? Having eric holder allow 1000's of guns being transferred illegally to mexican drug cartels for the biggest scandal since Watergate?

Now let me be clear, Most shit obama has been faced with is ultimately a direct result of his own decisions. He is a Puppet. I know most politicians are, but he is a poster boy for shitty presidents.

I wish Mccain won but at the same time I'm glade the other guy was the worst president ever. it takes a carter to get a reagan,

And if obama wins again? All the more closer this country will get to its breaking point. Which could very easily happen during our generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

5. #45 Default  
    it takes a carter to get a reagan,

And if obama wins again? All the more closer this country will get to its breaking point. Which could very easily happen during our generation.
    two smartest points you have ever made. ever.

Jd i agree ron paul has some good shit to say, but you got to side with scott here.. a vote for him in this election is a vote for obama.

romney may not be perfect, but his business sense is sound. as much as i hate obamacare, and not a fan of insurance for everyone, i have to say the plan here in MA isnt nearly as horrible as obamacare. romney is a fairly moderate republican, and its going to take a guy like him to get a republican in the white house this time. fingers crossed for christie as vp.
    Bath salts and dick pills

6. #46 Default  
    I mean, all the stresses of being president that gives you gray hairs after only 3 years.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

7. #47 Default  
    I like 95% of ron paul says...then he says some crazy shit that has me scratching my head...with that being said...ill take 95% good to 5% crazy over 25%good to 75% bullshit any day
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO

8. #48 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by LastMercury View Post

When Palin emerged, she killed all hope for McCain getting in office.

what went on out of his control? him illegally sending troops to lybia? him sending trips to uganda? Having eric holder allow 1000's of guns being transferred illegally to mexican drug cartels for the biggest scandal since Watergate?

Now let me be clear, Most shit obama has been faced with is ultimately a direct result of his own decisions. He is a Puppet. I know most politicians are, but he is a poster boy for shitty presidents.

I wish Mccain won but at the same time I'm glade the other guy was the worst president ever. it takes a carter to get a reagan,

Hmmm...a good deal of things were inherited, let's not forget about that. I am not so sure about who would make the best candidate so far, all of them have some faults, some more than others. I hear a lot of criticisms about what Obama did/did not do, I would like to hear what should/should have been done. What choices would have been better? Just wanted to hear some suggestions and thought from a pro-active approach since some people say he is the "worst ever". Not defending him, but just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Graffix View Post
    I like 95% of ron paul says...then he says some crazy shit that has me scratching my head...with that being said...ill take 95% good to 5% crazy over 25%good to 75% bullshit any day

You sure about that? LOL..
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

9. #49 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    two smartest points you have ever made. ever.

Jd i agree ron paul has some good shit to say, but you got to side with scott here.. a vote for him in this election is a vote for obama.

Not in the primaries, the primaries don't matter. Its who the people want. Ron paul has more support than the media portrays, and his supporters are fucking crazy (like myself) He has won more straw polls than any other candidate, yet the media talks about second and third place.

I know sooo many obama voters KICKING themselfs in the ass that they will vote for whoever has an R next to their name. If romney get nominated to be the official runner, then I'm probably going to bite a rag and vote for him ONLY because he is a massachusetts native and actually has a Chance of making MA a red state in november.
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?

10. #50 Default  
    Not in the primaries, the primaries don't matter. Its who the people want. Ron paul has more support than the media portrays, and his supporters are fucking crazy (like myself) He has won more straw polls than any other candidate, yet the media talks about second and third place.

I know sooo many obama voters KICKING themselfs in the ass that they will vote for whoever has an R next to their name. If romney get nominated to be the official runner, then I'm probably going to bite a rag and vote for him ONLY because he is a massachusetts native and actually has a Chance of making MA a red state in november.
    He didn't move here until he was about the age I am now, how does that make him a MA native?

11. #51 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    He didn't move here until he was about the age I am now, how does that make him a MA native?
    totally wrong wording, I meant to say he is known around here and lives here, past incumbent etc. Too late for me to bitch about politics without done goofing
    i love that scope

12. #52 Default  
    JD, see you'll vote romney because you realize ron paul doesnt stand a real chance (for better or worse obviously depending on your views) and a vote for him would be a vote for obama. would love to see MA go red. only like 400k registered republicans in the state

13. #53 Default  
    JD, see you'll vote romney because you realize ron paul doesnt stand a real chance (for better or worse obviously depending on your views) and a vote for him would be a vote for obama. would love to see MA go red. only like 400k registered republicans in the state
    No, I will vote for Ron Paul in the primary ( not a vote for obama).

But If romney gets in the race and not paul, I will vote for romney as much as I would not like to.
    i love that scope

14. #54 Default  
    No, I will vote for Ron Paul in the primary ( not a vote for obama).

But If romney gets in the race and not paul, I will vote for romney as much as I would not like to.
    im talking about the election. not the primary

15. #55 Default  
    im talking about the election. not the primary
    but if Ron Paul is in the election ... that means he won the primary, so not voting for ron paul will also means you are voting for obama?
    Oh Yeah!

16. #56 Default  
    but if Ron Paul is in the election ... that means he won the primary,
    umm no it doesn't. He could easily run as an independent or libertarian. you can also write in any candidate you want in the election...

17. #57 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    umm no it doesn't. He could easily run as an independent or libertarian. you can also write in any candidate you want in the election...
    For awhile there was even a fear of a tea party candidate, I doubt any of this will happen. Obama has done such a terrible job and the future damage he could do should unite all to defeat him

18. #58 Default  
    for that reason I doubt the tea party would ever nominate its own 3rd party candidate. I view them as a sect of the republican party, not a third party.

19. #59 Default  
    Wow guys please don't vote for Perry. The guy is on tv right now and totally trying to handle this whole debate by the seat of his pants. He has no plan and is waiting for someone to draw one up for him. Liking Romney much more........

20. #60 Default  
    Also Gingrich is trying to remove himself from all that DC is. How the he'll does he think that is possible, he has wY too much history there as part of the problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information