Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Audi RS4 APR ECU upgrade, should I?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59
  1. #1 Default Audi RS4 APR ECU upgrade, should I? 
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston MA/Houston TX/Cabos San Lucas
    Posts
    134
    I need some help on what you think? Should I? or Should I not?

    http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...42fsi_rs4.html
    Audi RS4 V8 B7: Tubi Exhaust, Fast Intentions Downpipes, H-Pipe ECS Tuning, Wheels Spacers Front 5mm & Rear 10mm, K&N Air-filter, APR Tuned,Michelin Super Sports, H&R Springs, Tints All Around, Valentine One Radar Locator & Smoked Taillights
    Reply With Quote  

  2. #2 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    21,560
    Talk to Cristov and jjm4life.... maybe you can get a group deal?

    I say do it
    Reply With Quote  

  3. #3 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's basement
    Posts
    16,126
    Just remember the numbers on their site are crank horsepower extrapolated from dyno info.
    Reply With Quote  

  4. #4 Default  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston MA/Houston TX/Cabos San Lucas
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Talk to Cristov and jjm4life.... maybe you can get a group deal?

    I say do it
    ill talk to them thanx
    Audi RS4 V8 B7: Tubi Exhaust, Fast Intentions Downpipes, H-Pipe ECS Tuning, Wheels Spacers Front 5mm & Rear 10mm, K&N Air-filter, APR Tuned,Michelin Super Sports, H&R Springs, Tints All Around, Valentine One Radar Locator & Smoked Taillights
    Reply With Quote  

  5. #5 Default  
    JHM or nothing....just saying. It may take a little for them to get back in touch with you, but it will be worth the wait.
    Reply With Quote  

  6. #6 Default  
    ^^^^ everyone says jmh or nothing. i havent seen a single dyno sheet from jhm. but at the same time, none of the others (apr revo et al) seem to make any power either.
    the jhm tune is 650 from what i can tell, and its either 200 for the cable or go to an "authorized dealer" to get it flashed. kaizen is a jhm dealer btw, but apparently bren is able to tune audis as well. i think he did baders s5
    Bath salts and dick pills
    Reply With Quote  

  7. #7 Default  
    You guys should go see Lorenzo at Eastside motoring in Waltham. He is an APR dealer and is able to flash some audis with a temporary tune. It returns to stock after some time. Give you a chance to see how you like it
    Reply With Quote  

  8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    ^^^^ everyone says jmh or nothing. i havent seen a single dyno sheet from jhm. but at the same time, none of the others (apr revo et al) seem to make any power either.
    the jhm tune is 650 from what i can tell, and its either 200 for the cable or go to an "authorized dealer" to get it flashed. kaizen is a jhm dealer btw, but apparently bren is able to tune audis as well. i think he did baders s5
    I may have accidentally turned into a fan boy from being on the B6/B7 S4/RS4 forum on Audizine, but it seems like the JHM tune does so much more than the other tunes do. It supposedly changes over 100 parameters to improve the driving experience. None of the chips for the S4 or the RS4 really add any power. There just isn't all that much that can be done with out F/I. I'm not trying to bash Bren at all, I'd just personally go with a company that's made their name working specifically on the V8 S4/RS4's rather than go with someone else who deals with a much broader range of cars.
    Reply With Quote  

  9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin_Pete View Post
    You guys should go see Lorenzo at Eastside motoring in Waltham. He is an APR dealer and is able to flash some audis with a temporary tune. It returns to stock after some time. Give you a chance to see how you like it
    I'd definitely do this to see if you like it.
    Reply With Quote  

  10. #10 Default  
    id be interested in test driving the apr tune if apr actually does that type of thing. and by no means was i saying bren was the go to for a audi tune, just mentioning his name along with the others.

    and stephen, you might be a jhm fanboi haha. im willing to run their stuff, but i need to see proof. so far its all vaporware. guys saying their exhaust is awesome, yet they wont sell it to you. and guys saying the tune is awesome, yet its still not released officially but they will sell it. meanwhile i emailed them once, and left a voicemail, as well as a PM on one of the audi forums and still no reply weeks later. so unless their shit turns out to be legit, im all set.
    Bath salts and dick pills
    Reply With Quote  

  11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    id be interested in test driving the apr tune if apr actually does that type of thing. and by no means was i saying bren was the go to for a audi tune, just mentioning his name along with the others.

    and stephen, you might be a jhm fanboi haha. im willing to run their stuff, but i need to see proof. so far its all vaporware. guys saying their exhaust is awesome, yet they wont sell it to you. and guys saying the tune is awesome, yet its still not released officially but they will sell it. meanwhile i emailed them once, and left a voicemail, as well as a PM on one of the audi forums and still no reply weeks later. so unless their shit turns out to be legit, im all set.
    Yep, I think I've been brainwashed haha
    Unfortunately if you even bring that up on AZ, everyone there will rip you to shreds. I know for the S4's there's proof, but for the RS4 there is literally nothing other than claims about how good JHM is......which I guess is sort of what I'm doing haha
    Reply With Quote  

  12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0827 View Post
    Yep, I think I've been brainwashed haha
    Unfortunately if you even bring that up on AZ, everyone there will rip you to shreds. I know for the S4's there's proof, but for the RS4 there is literally nothing other than claims about how good JHM is......which I guess is sort of what I'm doing haha
    i wont go on AZ, its easily the worst forum i have ever seen in terms of maturity and information.
    Bath salts and dick pills
    Reply With Quote  

  13. #13 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somerville, MA
    Posts
    9,747
    JHM being suggested so often has more to do with them being the only people who are consistently bringing out products for the 4.2 S4s than anything else really. As far as I know, they got their start making shifters for the B5 platform and kind of exploded from there. I think Jay had one of the fastest k04 cars at one point but I'm not entirely sure.

    Having been to their shop I can see how/why they would be slow to respond, but zero response after trying all 3 forms of communication seems kind of odd. They've answered the phone within 3 rings every time I've called
    Reply With Quote  

  14. #14 Default  
    I believe Scott said he ran the APR tune when he had an RS4???? Or maybe that was on his R8 before it was blown... IDK, I am easily confused.
    Derek
    Audi S4 Status: Burning Everything
    Derek.Brusin@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote  

  15. #15 Default  
    We are a JHM dealer as well as an APR dealer. We can set you guys up with whatever tune you are looking for.
    Reply With Quote  

  16. #16 Default  
    Graf, can you guys do the temp tune too with APR?
    Reply With Quote  

  17. #17 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin_Pete View Post
    Graf, can you guys do the temp tune too with APR?
    pretty sure we can. APR is all done through a server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO
    Reply With Quote  

  18. #18 Default  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston MA/Houston TX/Cabos San Lucas
    Posts
    134
    Thanks for all of the help guys! Im probably going to do it with Kaizen i know they do APR installation. The only thing Im scared off, is by putting the APR would it do anything to my exhaust sound? Or it wont do anything to it?
    Audi RS4 V8 B7: Tubi Exhaust, Fast Intentions Downpipes, H-Pipe ECS Tuning, Wheels Spacers Front 5mm & Rear 10mm, K&N Air-filter, APR Tuned,Michelin Super Sports, H&R Springs, Tints All Around, Valentine One Radar Locator & Smoked Taillights
    Reply With Quote  

  19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RS4V8 View Post
    Thanks for all of the help guys! Im probably going to do it with Kaizen i know they do APR installation. The only thing Im scared off, is by putting the APR would it do anything to my exhaust sound? Or it wont do anything to it?
    you will be fine...it won't affect your exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO
    Reply With Quote  

  20. #20 Default  
    I think all apr dealers offer the temp tune. Lasts for a 3 hours. I tried it and decided to go with Revo.
    Reply With Quote  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •