Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Importing a 1968 car from EUROPE to USA

1. #1 Default Importing a 1968 car from EUROPE to USA 
    So I have my 2000cs in Poland. My dad wants to sell it but it's mint in and outside with fresh internals so I was thinking about importing it and duerdening the shit out of it.

I know some of you exported cars to Europe, but has anyone imported them from there to USA?

2. #2 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    So I have my 2000cs in Poland. My dad wants to sell it but it's mint in and outside with fresh internals so I was thinking about importing it and duerdening the shit out of it.

I know some of you exported cars to Europe, but has anyone imported them from there to USA?
    I know a guy in RI who does it all the time. I hear its easy, but if you have any discrepancies in your paper work you can get fucked at customs. Car will also need to be very clean any dirt on the undercarriage and they could hold it. I will see if I can get you in touch with this guy if you want.

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    duerdening the shit out of it.
    like.

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterZ View Post
    I know a guy in RI who does it all the time. I hear its easy, but if you have any discrepancies in your paper work you can get fucked at customs. Car will also need to be very clean any dirt on the undercarriage and they could hold it. I will see if I can get you in touch with this guy if you want.
    that would be awesome. thanks.

car in question is a 1966 BMW 2000CS. it is registered in Germany (first idea 10 years ago was to rebuild it in Poland and then sell it in Germany, if it was registered in Poland, then it wouldn't be allowed for export - Polish don't let antiques leave its territory, lol).

5. #5 Default  
    Very easy. You just need a declaration form (HS-7) when you get to the port of entry (other than the previous registration, ownership docs, and bill or lading):

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/hs799short.pdf

More info here:

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/
    Last edited by chasem3; 11-18-2011 at 11:53 AM.

6. #6 Default  
    Meh, thought you were importing a maluch, no maluch no care

7. #7 Default  

lol legend car.

though i'm interested in this:

Thread Information